• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

newbie need help please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i wanna make my first map..there's an orgp/rpg map..
umm..i wanna ask something that i don't know..what is the difference beetwen ORPG and RPG..?? just difference at name or maybe there's something?

and FIRST think i wanna made was many custom terrain..especially custom doodads..
please help me guys..
how to import some doodads from hive into my wc3 editor??
it's to many tutorial at hive..i can't find how to import doodads tutorial..please help me guys find some tutorial for import doodads into my editor..
( i wanna ask more about import modeling at modeling section..but later after i finish the terrain..)

thx before ^^

Level 3
thx for ur guys quick reply..
its so helping me ^^..
i'm just will begin the terraining...

i will ask more later..he^^
so much very very the most thank you for u guys..especially hive ^^

Level 3
Btw a tips for you : Use height and lower tool and NOT the cliff tools they suck :)!

how to use that tools..??lol
sorry i'm really newbie on terraining.. :p

but i'm learning to do it..i wanna make continued ORPG map..and doesn't stop the project until there's no more bug..
gonna make some huge project..maybe need some team ( after i make some concept )

Level 4
Yeh that was what i meant btw : in the object editor set the Pathing (You'll find it at the end of every item/stuff) to none this will allow you to make awesome terrain But... You gotta use pahting blockers then

Level 3
He means in the Terrain palette where you select which terrain you will brush the map with use those icons that show a hill, a depression, a noise (kind of like dunes for sand) those blue shapes icons on Terrain palette to make your mountains and such instead of using cliffs.

Yeh that was what i meant btw : in the object editor set the Pathing (You'll find it at the end of every item/stuff) to none this will allow you to make awesome terrain But... You gotta use pahting blockers then

thx Imtor and Shock.Game for nice explanations..
i just make full terrain..256x256..
i'll try to complete it soon..( i hope :goblin_cry:)
so can continued for the rest... :)

Level 4
Np PM me if ya want suggestions or help (Maybe i can help you whit terrain :)?) If you want to check my terrain check my album

Level 4
Him or me XD? Well i bet you meant him so: Well i dunno i dont think he have started yet, but i would advice him to try and fail (Best way of learning) The only thing i want to know about terrain now is how to turn stuff around XD?

Level 3
a wanna make some fun ORPG..
i have a lot of idea that's make me on the mood to make this map..
i will put all my everything on this map..
i'm just beginning prepare the terrain at moment ago..

just for now concept..

job classes
Male : - Militia -> fighter/Defender -> Legionaire/Guardiance
- Mage -> High Magician/Summoner -> Illusionist/Warlock
- Thief -> Assasin/Rogue -> Executioner/Stalker
- Shaman -> Druid/Prophet -> Sacropaghust/Prophetron
Female : - Archer -> Master Archer/Sniper -> Hunter/Recon
- Priest -> high Priest/Cleric -> Acolyptus/Clarion
- Necromancer -> mystique/Spiritualism -> Euqitysm/Exorcism

i tell more later

Level 4
Lol iv been doing a waterfall lately when i am bored. can put it in my gallery if ya want to + i got milkshape so i can make some doodads for myself :p but i can only the basics so it's about 3/8 of how usefull it can be

Status
Not open for further replies.