• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Been a long time since I logged in. Been busy out of my mind with work and the band. Anyway, I'm back with new pieces.. And might accept commissions ;)

:ogre_rage:

gecko_by_dizzt-d4iiujo.jpg

birdie___pencil_stage_by_dizzt-d4iivbm.jpg

birdie_by_dizzt-d4iiupo.jpg

pigg_by_dizzt-d4iiub5.jpg

deserter_by_dizzt-d4iitrk.jpg

little_green_commando_by_dizzt-d4iite4.jpg

banshee_by_dizzt-d4iit8g.jpg

no_respect_i_by_dizzt-d4iisv3.jpg

pub_stalking_by_dizzt-d4bsx7z.jpg

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Now that's quite fancy. Do stick around for the concept art contest that should be starting soon, please. The more contestants the merrier. :)

Level 49
Goood. Very good.

But, well, has some parts that can be improved.
1. Smoke in front of face. It looks flat and way too blurry, according on the moment that its inside of focused zone.
2. Map. For old cracked on edges map its too clear. Adding some rum drops and splats, sigar burns will make correct sense of an old pirate map and will fits well a pirate theme (also captain's rough concept)
3. Focus. Somewhere are minor focus misstakes, i mean parts, where a paper stay in focus, but jacket sleeves are unfocused.
4. Light. Well, again not big misstake, that light comes from different sources. If a basic light source is a window behind a pirate, then his face shouldn't be lighted. If there is more few light sources (light reflex on lips and eye shows this), then its misstake on a head shadows, which is dark on the parts, that should reflex some light too.

Well, basically, cause of this problem with light image overall looks lil strange and overall great work looks less natural (with naturalistic render and cinematic-looking style).

Well, one more minor mistake - waves inside of cup (that should be circular)

Status
Not open for further replies.