• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Brony piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, this would be my first piece of art done by scratch that has been done on any picture editing program.
I used GIMP 2, entirely done by mouse.
I did this for my art class at school (yr 11) and haven't done anything since year 8 so I guess I've missed out on alot?

Anyway, enough of my gibber jabber.
Can you give me any tips/criticism on my art?
Hope you liek.:thumbs_up:

My next piece will be done (and is) with a drawing tablet that I've been loaned.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Show.png
    Show.png
    179 KB · Views: 368

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yeah brony yeah brony yeah.

Lookin' pretty good overall. I think the colors are a bit... bright? 'Saturated' might be the word (although the world of Equestria is pretty saturated and saccharine, so...). My only major critique, though, is that her head seems a bit lopsided; either that or her hair is (the top-left primarily). Aside from that... Man, those eyes just want mah soul...

Heh yeh I did try and make that kind of hair effect, with a little "lopsided", guess I should have been a little more careful.

Oh yeh and you seem to be right with the colour. When looking back at it is a bit over bright. Some parts might be a little to saturated although I do like the colours over-wise.

This is more for practice anyway, so thank you. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.