• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] New to WE. Questions #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I can't really do much on my map until I get an answer for question 4 :(

1. How do I disable all cheat codes for my map?

2. I created a cliff, and now I want to make it ramp down to the next ground level so units can walk up/down the ramp. How do I do that?

3. How do I make a camera setting so a player can type something like “-cam 2000” or “-zoom 2500” and the camera backs out so they can see more of the map? The default camera view is too zoomed in. Preferably, is there a way I can make this camera action happen for each player at the beginning of the game?

4. I was adding trees around the outside of my map, and it said I reached the max limit of trees/destructibles. Is there a way to increase this limit? Will it cause longer *noticeable* load times? I think my map is currently set to Large at 192x192, 180x180 playable. I don’t have many more trees to add...

Thank you!

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
4: Most people use "jass newgen pack" - custom editor with extra functions like "no limits"

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/jassnewgenpack-5d-227445/

1: don't bother trying - it's sort of possible but you're wasting your time

2: Use the ramp tool and drag from the cliff down to the lower ground

3: You need to learn how to use the trigger editor. There's an event that refers to player chat messages, and you can use the substring function to extract the number, followed by an action to set camera distance field to that number

Level 3
1: don't bother trying - it's sort of possible but you're wasting your time

I need to know how. Almost every custom game I play does not allow cheats, so it can't be that difficult to figure out. My map will use gold/lumber so I have no reason to even make the map if someone can just give themselves 1m gold/wood.

Level 9
You need to trigger some kind of detection system to detect cheat.

For example the invulable cheat you can:

Create an unit in the object editor with a very high hp regeneration. Place the unit on the map and a tower that attack the unit. Now if the unit dies, a cheat has been used.

For gold/lumber, you need a timer to check each second if the gold/lumber have been increased more then x value.

Level 5
Couldn't you simply do this?

• Anit-cheat
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing warpten as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: CHEATER! RIP!

Level 3
Good news! Normally when I test my map with the editor, cheat codes work. However, I went on battlenet and tested it there, and the cheat codes did nothing in-game. I didn't know that's how it worked, so... problem solved? haha. Good idea though Rupture :)

Level 32
Hyperlite said:
Good news! Normally when I test my map with the editor, cheat codes work. However, I went on battlenet and tested it there, and the cheat codes did nothing in-game. I didn't know that's how it worked, so... problem solved? haha. Good idea though Rupture :)
Hey Hyperlite. It should be known that built in cheat codes have always been only available during single player. Even if your alone in a battle.net or LAN game, they won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.