1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Time Indicators

Submitted by The_Warchief
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Something which always bugged me is that, in the books, it's established that Azeroth and Draenor/Outland both have two moons, yet we only see one present in the time indicator. I decided to throw together a new, more lore-accurate time indicator together to remedy this and decided to also make an Outland specific one while I was at it.

Definitely not my greatest texturing work but, hey, most of the detail is lost in-game anyways so I decided not to strain myself, haha.

Note: The import path, despite designating "human" specifically, replaces it for all races. No need to import it more than once.

Update 1: First versions were poorly received. Reworked from the ground up. Hopefully the skies no longer look like crumpled paper and the definition has been improved. xP
Previews
Contents

Azeroth Time Indicator (Texture)

Outland Time Indicator (Texture)

1. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Nice!!!

2. WarDoge

WarDoge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty !

3. Shakral

Shakral

Resources:
    Resources:
    >Original is better

4. The_Warchief

The_Warchief

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Would be more helpful if you could tell me exactly what you think is done better in the original so I might be able to update my versions, you know.

5. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I am sorry but i do actually agree with that guy, i got excited at first because we can finally have a custom time indicator, until i tried it and realized that the original is still better. I am not a fan of it because first of all it's so pixelated/blurry you can already see it here, i like the night moons though, but the transition and the sun is where the pixelation/blur is more obvious.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  6. Shakral

Shakral

Resources:
    Resources:
    >This guy reads my mind)

7. The_Warchief

The_Warchief

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    See, @Shakral? Now that's constructive criticism I can actually work with, haha.

@Strydhaizer I appreciate the feedback. Like I mentioned in the description, it seemed most of the detail would get lost in-game when I tried to make it more detailed, but I'll give it another go and see if I can't get it to work. Expect an update (hopefully) later today.

Just to be clear, do you think the purple/green colorations to indicate twilight/early dawn are causing any issues, or is it just a matter of blurriness?

8. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    More than detail, what it lacks is sharpness, the concept itself is really great *-*

9. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well the colors isn't really a problem it's just blurry, also the transition and daylight's background looks like a crumpled paper. You can use the default one as your reference to make it better.

10. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    you can even look for pictures of the sky and Outland sky, since the original uses a picture too as background (only the sun was drawed)

11. The_Warchief

The_Warchief

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think that would qualify as CnP if I directly used images of the skies like that, but I'll certainly look at my references again. Think I'm going to start from scratch with this, as I'm not having much luck just editing it as it is.

12. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Fantastic update!!! now looks much better

13. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Definitely an improvement, but the sun looks like a vertical eye right now because of the white parts of the sun, i hope you can fix that. Try not to mirror the sun's left part to the sun's right part because that's what making it looks like an eye, and make the sun look round.

14. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    you are very creative, I made one of these. once. only one. all I did was make it a copy paste version of a realistic moon. and I made the sun have a happy face. it looked awful.

these look really nice well done.

15. The_Warchief

The_Warchief

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The original sun has similar white streaks through it and I can barely make it out in-game when using my textures. I might tweak it some more later, but I really don't think it's much of an issue rn.

Haha, we all have to start somewhere! My first textures were pretty horrible too.

16. 8gabriel8

8gabriel8

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was looking for just such the time indicator texture for the campaign. Thank you!
    Purple sky and two moons.