• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Survival map ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
The Haunted Village

This is a survival map where you get through the city!Download it...play it,and post ideas.This is the minimal work i have worked on and off for like 2 weeks...just a little bit every few days...but if i can get some ideas ill work hard on it.I need some more level ideas.I got like 4 done.so play those for and if you think its good enough to continue...Please post your ideas.Also post with ideas and request to be a Alpha/Beta tester(If there is a want).

:wscrolleyes:-Zeron:wscrolleyes:

Attachments

• Haunted_Village_vALPHA.w3x
    336.8 KB · Views: 101
Level 5
It isn't a village or a city as far as i can see.
Looks like yet another "Are you a Retard?" clone.
Labeling it as survival seems misleading, when it's clearly of the maze genre.

If this is a first map then good job so far, obviously you still have a lot to learn.
If this isn't your first map, then I see no reason to play this over real survival maps, or maps of its actual type, maze.

One thing I could suggest is, go to the maps section and filter out all maps except those of the Survival genre with a mod rating of 4+. Download a few that look similar to what your trying to achieve ( I don't condone direct copying, that is an offense that carries the penalty of 'mapper death' ).

Host them online or on your own and look at how their made, what works, what doesn't, find things that you believe you can do better, think creatively, not mechanically. Use a notepad, so if your out somewhere and your prone to forgetting ( like me ), you can jot those gems down.

Most of all, enjoy what your doing.
Good luck if you choose to commence with this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.