• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New mapmaker checking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all,

While playing Warcraft 3 after years away from the game, I suddenly got the urge to create my own map(s). Pity it's outside Warcraft 3 prime.

I am a brand new technically challenged mapmaker, so I would really like someone to link me an A to Z video tutorial on everything war 3 map editor related so that I can absorb it all, pictures are good, but I learn better seeing others do it. If such a thing doesn't exist, I'll post a list of things, or singular things that I require assistance on. :)

Right now, it would be excellent if someone could link me a tutorial similar to DOTA taverns, like the Sentinel selects a hero and it spawns bot left while if Scourge selects an unit, it spawns top right, but instead of taverns, it's +- 100 circle of powers, long story short, must I specify each circle of power separately?

Thanks and see you all around.

Level 4
Welcome to the Hive, Marcell! :] I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Yeah, the link Naze gave you is pretty useful! Get the hang of it.

Thanks.

Yeah, I did read through it and search, but I don't know how to search some of the things I need. I did find quite a lot that I will twiddle with tonight after work :)

Level 4
What do you need?

I'm planning on making a to be determined amount of circle of powers that spawn units for the player(s) standing on it, each circle of power should spawn a unit at a different location for each player. I'm sure I'll be able to figure that part out, but the problem is I don't want to have to do this individually for approximately 100 circle of powers. So a way to just copy paste all of them and just modify key parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.