• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi! I want to become a good mapmaker too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

probo

P

probo

Evil forces are pulling me away from being a productive mapmaker. But my creativity can't get satisfied unless I make my own maps I think. Besides, I'm so sick and tired of most maps out there and I believe that I would have what it takes to make quite extraordinary maps! But that would mean that I would have to apply myself and to spend a large amount of time and energy on it, and I'm not known for doing such things. Besides, the one true obstacle is propably that I have almost no programming experience, and in order to make quality maps I fear one needs to know such things, but I'm not sure.

Its been about 5 years since I last made a map in warcraft 3, and it was for normal WC3, not The Frozen Throne. Back then it was obvious as it is right now that I have a deep driving passion of creating, but unfortunatly I am also such an extremely lazy bastard. At every turn where I meet an obstacle I feel the need to just escape and do something else instead of trying to overcome said obstacle. Basicly when I made that map 5 years ago, I had troubles with simple enough things as making a key that opens a specific door, my brother had to help me with it. The map wasnt that bad, it was an rpg map, but it didn't have much potential mostly for the very reason that I didn't have any fancy stuff in it. The fancy stuff being very important in order to make a successful map!

Well, we will see if I can become better at making maps etc, by reading on your page. I am also fearing that it could possibly be a major failure to start learning how to make maps for War3 at this stage, seeing as how the game is already so old (which is partly irrelevant if no other game comes out to take over).

Status
Not open for further replies.