• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New map ideas, need 3-4 man team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, I have a few new ideas for a new game, one would be The Fall/Burning of Stratholme

allowing you to choose your heros Class/Race
Giving you many choices to change your hero apperance and strength wise, change your allies too.

Also i have an idea about The Rise of the Scarlet Crusade or The Mystery of the Ashbringer. For those of you that dont know ashbringer was the sword the scarlet commander used to kill the undead, was said the sword turned their bodies to ash, but the sword was lost when he was ambushed in the plaguelands.

Heres how i rank my skills.

Terraining:3/5
Skinning: 2/5
Icon Editing:3/5
Ideas: 4/5
Object Editing: 5/5
Modeling: 0/0
Warcraft Lore Knowledge: 4/5

If i can get my photoshop up i can do the icon editing.
I would like this map to set a standard in map editing. more features discussed later.

For the team id say we need 1 to 2 modeleers and skinners along with a terrainer and another object editor but an interest and knowledge of lore and ideas is a must too.

if your interested just post and ill get back to u asap via post or pm.

Level 2
I also have an idea to create the new final fantasy movie, advent children. would make a very good rpg i think.

Level 6
ideas like the one you got, always are fascinating.
and there is a whole bunch of ideas that would fit into your map. (i once wrote a concept file with over 100kb plain text -.- and haven't even coverd half my ideas...)
therefore i would suggest you, that you do it in steps. don't try to do to much at once.

you might have a giant idea, but i wouldn't introduce it (with this little info) until you are damned shure you can archive it. And have a (quasi) proof of that (like a previous project or something other quite big).

if you get togetehr a team, i'll gladly help you do some of the triggers.
But until then i would recommend you to make yourself a clear concept and post here all you can (without spoiling the 'surprise-' and 'inovation-'factor of your map)

- Raszul

Level 2
well i tried to keep my post like a mini skirt

short enough to keep the interest but long enough to cover the bare essentials rofl.

well ill develop my ideas more, explain the story line but anyone who has played wow or knows what Stratholme is should know a ok amount.

Level 2
INFO ON STRATHOLME

yeah well i gathered alot of info on stratholme and pretty much everything to deal with it...

A large human city in Lordaeron, Stratholme was the base of key oil refineries in the Second War. The city's population was almost completely massacred by Arthas, who believed the citizens had become infected with the Undead plague; the majority of the survivors left with Jaina Proudmoore. When Arthas was called back to Northrend, the Lich, Kel'thuzad established Stratholme as his capital and constructed his citadel, known as Naxxramas, above the ruined towers. Leading Scourge forces in the city below was a death knight known as Baron Rivendare, a former noble of Lordaeron who coordinated the efforts of the Lich King in the Plaguelands until his death at the hands of operatives in the employ of the Argent Dawn.

Once the jewel of northern Lordaeron, the city of Stratholme is where Prince Arthas turned against his mentor, Uther Lightbringer, and slaughtered hundreds of his own subjects who were believed to have contracted the dreaded plague of undeath. Arthas' downward spiral and ultimate surrender to the Lich King soon followed. The broken city is now inhabited by the undead Scourge -- led by the powerful lich, Kel'thuzad. A contingent of Scarlet Crusaders, led by Grand Crusader Dathrohan, also holds a portion of the ravaged city. The two sides are locked in constant, violent combat. It is said that the city is guarded by three massive zigs, as well as powerful necromancers, banshees and abominations. There have also been reports of a Death Knight riding atop an unholy steed, dispensing wrath on all those who venture within the realm of the Scourge.

As Stratholme is now splint into 2 parts
The Scarlet Side is Run by the Grand Crusader Dathrohan protected by 4 mini bosses whose names are:
* Malor the Zealous
* Archivist Galford
* Cannonmaster Willey
* Timmy the Cruel

Grand Crusader Dathrohan is thought to be possesed or killed by Balnazzar to turn the Scarlet Crusade into a paranoid regime.
As to regards of the sword Ashbringer, the Blade of the Scarlet Highlord, is an object of great mystery and power.

Crafted by the Archmage Timolain for the Highlord of the Scarlet Crusade, this blade was meant to be a bane against all undead. It is said to be so powerful that a swipe of its blade could reduce an undead foe into ash. The Ashbringer seems to have been lost, as it has not been seen in the possession of the current Scarlet Highlord, Taelan Fordring.The High Lord at the time of the Ashbringer's creation was Morgraine Sr., who is the father of Scarlet Commander Mograine in the Scarlet Monestary.

The Undead Side
End Boss: Baron Rivendare
Mini Bosses:
* Magistrate Barthilas (drops key to Scourge side)
* Baroness Anastari
* Nerub'enkan
* Maleki the Pallid
* Ramstein the Gorger
Also it is rumored that inside the slaughterhouse that baron rivendare dwells contains the entrance to Naxxramas.

well theres everything, good luck reading it lol

Level 2
ALso, if i can get someone who can make a really nice website to host forums and this project on i will either pay for hosting or try to get it hosted here.

or i'll have to use GoLive myself and not do the best of jobs.

Level 3
well, I could host a site for u on my server w/ php & mysql but I would need proof first your project has started ect. :)
The reason im helping is since i got some spare space ;)

Email me @

[email protected]

gl,
r0khan

Level 2
Great!

very nice, was starting to get afraid no one was responding, well i could all help right now.

@ TiKiR0kHaN
very nice, i know very little about websites so that would be great, i know some hard coding in html and i have golive, but it would be best to get someone else to do it for me lol. only thing im worried aobut is upkeep, as you need to be insured this is for real and will do well i need to know you'll be able to update the site well, also will/ is there forums on ur website. btw pm me the url so i can check it out.

@ _-nexXxor-_
great, i have no one but me and maybe Lord Raszul if i can impress him i guess. but i wouldnt just like to settle on anything. post some urls of your work.

To everyone also just add your AIM screen name if you have it, mine is Night Hunter614.

Also i have decided on the Fall/Burning of Stratholme but also want to add some after math of the event.

Heres just what i came up with messing around, of course when Im not just doodling it will be better, i will post a better version later

Level 3
Hey, if u want quick contact instead of emails :) get on msn sometime www.msn.com, and add [email protected] to your buddy list, unless i see u first on aim, w/e :). I'll just use a simple PHP Portal for ur site and a skin of your choice for easy use. k, :) read the mail i sent u

Level 7
i wouldnt mind helping this project(its been 3 days since ive come here and this topic seems old alreDY dunno if its been abandoned....) so anyways i have to look at them all and saw this, id say im pretty good at terraining and stuff of the sorts, id also rate my object editing 5/5 and triggers maybe 3,5/5 modeling i know nothing of and lore welll....youll have to tell me that stuff :). yea..so pm me or something :eek:

Level 2
@_-nexXxor-_
going to respond? i need examples of your work.

@ TiKiR0kHaN
i have AIM not msn , check your email :)

@ Bloodvirus
could use you, again post examples of your work, for lore i recommend looking
http://www.wowwiki.com/Stratholme#History
there, its really good.

still looking for help.

B1aD3

Level 2
In progress

Even without a team the project is making project. Some terrain is done + some unit editing, long way to go. Need more everything but terrainers, since we have me, and maybe nex and blood virus, even though they havent gotten back to me. Gonna work a little more on it then bed, thank god tomorrow is friday i can get some more work done on it.

PS. looking into a website

B1aD3

Level 2
ill look into the website, although email me at [email protected] since you cant post.

Btw getting alot of terraining done, need triggereers the most and skinners/modeleers. Maybe 1 more terrainer and object editer, but right now i really need the skinners/modellers and triggerers.

Level 2
Almost half done with terraining, starting some unit editing a spells for the heros.

Going to be a 10 man game where you work as a group to defeat Baron Rivendare and The Scarlet Crusade, only after training and grinding to gain some levels to be strong enough, will be a hero level cap of 60.

Still need people.

Level 2
ive got all skill ideas planned out, debating on paladins ultimate move, thinking maybe a alteration of big bad voodoo.

Also have most of the icons downloaded thx to blizzard entertainment :), and still half way on the terraining.

To Do:

Triggers
Units
1/2 Terraining
ability editing
items?

Plz i did pretty much all i can alone, need some help perferably triggers and modeleers.

Level 2
i need a motherboard trigger saying the health of all players heros, and some

-a unit enters a region
move entering unit to center of region

still need modleers.

ps: thx alot blood virus, started to get down cuz no one showed much interest in this project.

got got 4 heros made, not completed with abilities.
got my ability ideas just not finished in the editor.

terrain is 50% done.

Level 4
.... I'm sorry, but i'm very buisy this month....
fu** off school!!

maybe I have to leave your project for a while!!!
but if you are interested in my work as a Terainer, try out Lord RASZUL 's Maps... the "Raszul's HeroLine" ... The best map which I terained isn't ready to upload jet....
but maybe I can do anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.