• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New Jass Gen Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
It is not infected. It is completely fine. It is just seen as a virus. But the reason for that is that the world editor and the frozen throne injects into the normal warcraft, and because of that it seems like a virus.

Level 21
if it hadnt been infected my anti virus program would have taken my ignore order. it didnt however take my ignore order and deleted the file against my orders. blizzard have also said that they wont condone the use of a third party program. they actually threatened with punishing me if i used vjass. microsoft security essentials flagged it as high risk.(thats my other anti virus program.) the world editor it comes with is outdated.

Last edited:
Level 12
But it isn't anything wrong with it. Just tell the anti virus program to always ignore that. And the world editor is outdated, but it is better than the normal we. And we use such programs to make our maps a lot better. So I don't see your problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is called a false positive. Basically JNGP works by injecting itself into the normal editor which is usually how viruses work. It is completly safe however.

The reason it needs the old editor is due to the code structure changing (so the hooks into the game no longer are at the correct positions).

Next to some crashes and bug fixes, JNGP with its old WE is as good as the current WE. The trigger editor can be updated to compile the new natives by simply updating jasshelper and its accompanying native list.

Blizzard does not condone the use of third party programs (AKA anything not made by big companies). Thus they would give you the same warning for any piece of software that is not made by a first party publisher like using a model exporter or icon converter. jasshelper unfortunatly falls into this class as the program was made by Vexorian and company.

Status
Not open for further replies.