• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Hosted Project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Welcome to Wc3Sear.ch's newest hosted project - Elimination! Here's some info:

<hr>You play the game in turns, where you either try to plant a bomb in the enemy area, or try to stop the enemy team from planting the bomb. The bomb explodes 30 sec after planted, but the defending team can disarm it (takes 10 seconds) if they are quick. The game includes a custom splash marker (looks like a sniper aim) which you use to kill eachother. You have to aim using a very small splash to hit eachother (dies in one hit). There are very special items in the game, including grenades and flashbangs (both lie on the ground 3 seconds before exploding, flashbangs turn the screen white for the enemy over time). The alt-key has also been disabled, so you cant see the healthbars. This means you can hide behind doodads to hide. The camera is locked on your sniper, but it also follows your orders; if you order him to move in a direction, the camera will move alittle bit infront of him to simulate his view.<hr>
You can visit the forum here.

Level 5
oz02 said:
The camera is locked on your sniper, but it also follows your orders; if you order him to move in a direction, the camera will move alittle bit infront of him to simulate his view.

No, its the normal Wc3 cam but its behavior is still special. The camera focuses on your current order, so you cant move in one direction while looking in the other. Standing still gives you vision around the hero, but firing or moving in a direction will move the camera that way.

Actually, im not really a fan of CS, i dont even have it on the comp. I started working on this idea on a so-called modding lan where me and my friends work on our maps, and then i just took some ideas from CS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.