• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey guys. I'm looking for a new headset, as my razer tiamat 7.1 is falling apart.

I was looking at this.
Does anyone have any experience with it or do you have any recommendations? I don't want any steelseries or razer, but I still need something which has good positioning in games like CS.
It also has to be comfortable to wear, as my tiamat starts to hurt my ears after an hour or two.

Level 34
No idea how precise they are, but I stick with logitech headsets for my gaming. The quality of sound is very good, and the mic is the best out of all my friends. I payed $40 CAN.

for fladder:I use better speakers for my music, so I don't need the quality in my headset.

Level 45
Hey guys. I'm looking for a new headset, as my razer tiamat 7.1 is falling apart.

I was looking at this.
Does anyone have any experience with it or do you have any recommendations? I don't want any steelseries or razer, but I still need something which has good positioning in games like CS.
It also has to be comfortable to wear, as my tiamat starts to hurt my ears after an hour or two.

Sennheiser? YUCK!
Ok, I admit, I have never had their gaming headsets, but their other headsets and headphones I have owned are terrible...

When I was a kid, I had a headset of that brand, it would TEAR my ears, actually make them red raw, and it was so stiff and strange.....

My second pair which was a headphone, in which it was very stiff, made from cheap plastic, very brittle, felt like the middle would snap in half and the wires at the end of the input/cable became faulty and broke within less than 2 weeks. I paid 100 dollars for this headphone, never again...

I brought a thermal take as shown here:
http://www.techspot.com/products/headsets/thermaltake-tt-esports-shock-gaming-headset.50850/

It was of "ok" quality, it was comfy, but alittle tight and abit overwhelming. The plastic was of "ok" material and the sounds was sub-par, but much better than the headsets I have owned before hand, and it was speaker/mic port rather than usb, so my capabilities with it were alot more limited, as the surround sound wasnt as good. If you want a cheap headset, I suggest that that works "Decently" and does the job (as it has surround sound, just not the greatest). I paid 45 dollars for mine.

This one here is what I currently own:
http://www.plantronics.com/au/product/gamecom-780
Its a good headset, given to me by a friend :)
The surround sound is great and its comfortable. It is usb powered and it has 7.1 surround sound. I believe these cost anywhere between 70-150 dollars.

However, I wasnt sure which one, but one of them (I believe the gamecom) has constant bass on.... Or it could of been my thermaltake, I can't compare anymore as I dont have them both atm.

My friend deeply recommends this:
http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-1500-dolby-7-1-usb-gaming-headset.html
She currently owns it atm and was actually wanting me to get it :) She would recommend this. It is 7.1 surround sound I believe.

Hope this helps! :)

Level 45
wow thanks Kimbo. I think I might be going for the newer v2 of that corsair headset :)
It's way cheaper than the Sennheiser too, but can you tell me for how long she has been using it? :)

I think she use to own one previously and must of sold it or something for other circumstances, but she brought another one, has had it for about..hmm..lets say......I think 6-7 months so far? To my knowledge, she REALLY likes them and swears by them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.