• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for good headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
So I have these three things on my Motherboard

Realtek® ALC898 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

DTS Connect

To get the most out of your audio entertainment across all formats and quality levels, DTS Connect combines two enabling technologies. DTS Neo:pC™ upmixes stereo sources (CDs, MP3s, WMAs, internet radio) into as many as 7.1 channels of incredible surround sound. Consumers can then connect their PC to a home theater system.DTS Interactive is capable of performing multi-channel encoding of DTS bitstreams on personal computers, and sending encoded bitstreams out of a digital audio connection (such as S/PDIF or HDMI) designed to deliver audio to an external decoder.

DTS UltraPC II

DTS UltraPC II delivers exceptional 7.1 surround through the most popular PC audio setups - your existing stereo speakers or headphones. In addition to virtual surround, it upgrades original sound to new levels with Audio Restoration, recreating the dynamic range of audio files. Symmetry mode improves the balance of perceived loudness across different input sources and Enhance boosts audio quality through high and low frequency equalization. With these technologies, users experience better home theater audio with ease.

Now what kind of headphones should I use D:. Are the true 5.1 surround sound, the virtual 7.1 surround sound, or the upcoming true 7.1 surround sound going to sound any better than a stereo with the above 2 features? Or will it be that the virtual will sound the same as the stereo, but the true will sound better?

Also, should I wait for the true 7.1 if the true sounds better, or just stick with 5.1?

This is the upcoming 7.1 headset
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/93586-the-razer-tiamat-7-1-headset-sports-true-7-1-surround-sound

Level 34
I personally don't know what surround sound headsets are like, so I can only recommend looking up reviews. As far as "sounding better", it depends what you mean. The sound quality is all in the make of the headset, not the amount of speakers it has. The advantage of having the 7.1 is simply the surround sound effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.