• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

New Haunted Forest TC Background

This is a new background theme I made. I traced over a photograph of a forested scene and came out with this.
I ran things through with Archian, and he says it's good.

Credits to Blizzard for the original background's diameter and TC.

HINT: When using this skin for the background, the whole thing will appear black until you apply TC in Magos' Material Manager. To use it, you should only use Replaceable ID 1. Using Replaceable ID 2 will make things very hard to see.
Furthermore, I did label the path as Replaceable ID 2, but that's irrelevant. Just use it as a texture and give it a dash of Replaceable ID 1.
If you run into any problems, please contact me.
Previews
Contents

TC_Background_HauntedForest_Traced (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
A new unique Portrait background to be used in spooky, haunted maps. Not seen this type of texture before as far as I can remember so it's always cool seeing something unique in the section. The only thing I'd maybe suggest is a clearer step-by-step...
Level 31
Given how Archian also assisted in this resource, I say this is actually a good idea for fancy background portrait.

Not common to giveaway 5* to anybody but this is quite horrifically amazing stuff coming from you.

Although just make it obvious to your import path, I will try to test it in map and toss in here + rating given out.

Last edited:
Given how Archian also assisted in this resource, I say this is actually a good idea for fancy background portrait.

Not common to giveaway 5* to anybody but this is quite horrifically amazing stuff coming from you.

Although just make it obvious to your import path, I will try to test it in map and toss in here + rating given out.
I appreciate your comment about my background, but for the Import Path, I only fill those two spaces in because the forum wanted me.
Just import it as a texture on Magos, and you will get a nice view for a background.

Level 4
I don't know how to apply to map.
I did like the below but nothing changed.
  • import the file and changed all path and name.
  • TC_Background_HauntedForest_Traced.blp => Replaceable ID 2
can you share the sample map file for this skin?
I want to apply the red background. :D

Last edited:
I don't know how to apply to map.
I did like the below but nothing changed.
  • import the file and changed all path and name.
  • TC_Background_HauntedForest_Traced.blp => Replaceable ID 2
can you share the sample map file for this skin?
I want to apply the red background. :D
To be honest with you, I only applied the import path due to the system's demands. Otherwise, it wouldn't have allowed me to upload it.

To use this as a background, simply use it as texture and blend it, then put in Replaceable ID 1 above it in the material manager.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this skin. More background skins may come.

A new unique Portrait background to be used in spooky, haunted maps. Not seen this type of texture before as far as I can remember so it's always cool seeing something unique in the section. The only thing I'd maybe suggest is a clearer step-by-step guide for how to use it maybe with some pictures too so people can see exactly how it's meant to be used. Otherwise very good job!