• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Faction: The Rogues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This was something I just came up with a few days ago. I am making a new faction called the Rogues. They're just modified humans, so its not really a big project. Currently, I am the only one making this race. This race is currently in its early development stages, but expect more updates in the future.
I don't have much to show except a screen shot of the Human tech tree and its Rogue counterpart.
attachment.php

The Workshop doesn't have a counterpart yet, and the tent as a farm is still unconfirmed. Also, the Arcane Sanctum won't have the blighted ground under it. This is all for now.
Criticism and feedback appreciated.
Models used:
General Frank's http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/chaos-altar-of-terror-48265/?prev=d=list&r=20&c=24&t=6

Last edited:
Level 7
my opinion is that you can't name a race after a class (wow class) and why don't you use the hive resources? i see only blizz buildings here, and with no conection to each other...i meen you have a workshop and a troll hut in the same race...?

Level 31
number 1: just because WoW has a class called "Rogue" dosnt mean anything named Rogue is copied off it
number 2: He's making a faction called "The Rogues", a convert of the human race. They're probably bandits or something, due to the wooden architecture and such.
number 3: The workshop and a troll hut are two different races.

anyways, hope the race comes out good!

Level 4
my opinion is that you can't name a race after a class (wow class) and why don't you use the hive resources? i see only blizz buildings here, and with no conection to each other...i meen you have a workshop and a troll hut in the same race...?
First off, I don't play and have never played WoW, and don't have an intention of doing so. And some of these are currently placeholder models. I might use some of the workshop models in the future.

takakenji said:
number 1: just because WoW has a class called "Rogue" dosnt mean anything named Rogue is copied off it
number 2: He's making a faction called "The Rogues", a convert of the human race. They're probably bandits or something, due to the wooden architecture and such.
number 3: The workshop and a troll hut are two different races.

anyways, hope the race comes out good!
1. I just thought the name Rogues sounded better than Bandits.
2. Yes they're the bandits that you occasionally encounter in some maps. And the buildings look like that because the Rogues are outlaws and can't really afford to have fancy buildings like the humans. Except for the sanctum.
3. The troll hut is only a placeholder as of this time.
Anyway thanks for the feedback.

Level 4

Attachments

• RogueTechTree.jpg
    RogueTechTree.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 268
Level 13
Ya no offense but when you make a new race generally you want to use matching buildings/unit and new models.

Level 7
as the others before said...yea the altar of terror is a corrupted thing of evil things...(#_#), doesn't have anything in common with the humans/doodad buildings.

you can try night elf buildings...those are more for rogues/spies/bandits etc... (but not the tree-like buildings) and the elven farms as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.