• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Welcome!
This is the list of member requeriments:
-modelers
-triggerers
-map balancers
-idea factories
-storywriters

Me and crosnake are the clan leaders(lol:razz::razz:).
I am kinda idea factory and triggerer and crosnake is map maker.
If you wanna join post here.

Thank you for your time.

Level 4
hey im looking for a good clan..

Story Writing
idea factory
and terraining are my talents.

give us a yell if ya need me

Level 4
GUI Triggerer
Ideas Pitcher
Great general terrainer (non-detailed work)
Unit Generation
Spell Generation

Level 1
ok lets make some RPG or arena map or maybe champaign choose of this 3 ideas or if you all have some better idea write on this post... :)

Level 1
I have some names for the clan, so if you have msn you can post priv massage to me and talk about and i like to call me King_Noldor instead Mattishida pls. :)

Level 4
alright well every one added each other and lets see if we can get this going.

we should decide on a map to do asap as i need something to do :)
to get me distracted from my map for a bit

Level 4
We still alive in here, so anyway, what realms does everyone play on..? And is our site still under construction or what?

Level 1
Hellooooooooooooooo is there any one in this post i see dead people lol
Wake up ppls we need to work!!!!!
I have few names for the clan...

Level 4
I don't really care what the name is as long as its not something stupid. I'd just like to get to work on something :p

Level 4
Hello :) going to join this clan. I'm good at making triggers. (GUI only)

EDIT:
Turaak wanted me to post my old maps so here they are:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=82367&prev=u=Masa1
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=82418&prev=u=Masa1 < this one sucks, please don't try it :(

I've also made some other maps, but they are even worse so i decided not to post them.

Welcome but it looks like we're having trouble getting everyone together atm..

Level 4
alright guys time to take some affirmative action.
i request... no demand :D everyone puts forward a name idea or concept so that we might agree on one and get this site up asap.
me perrsonally i like dreadlords and use to operate a clan called the dreadlords
so i sujjest something along those lines ie Dreadcraft or someweird thing like that
you may not like the idea but hell atleast im thinking of them :)

as for a project to begin. how about an arena to begin with. something original
i am quite keen to do some story writing and character design.

if not that perhaps a campaign?

any way

Adzy out

Level 4
alright guys time to take some affirmative action.
i request... no demand :D everyone puts forward a name idea or concept so that we might agree on one and get this site up asap.
me perrsonally i like dreadlords and use to operate a clan called the dreadlords
so i sujjest something along those lines ie Dreadcraft or someweird thing like that
you may not like the idea but hell atleast im thinking of them :)

as for a project to begin. how about an arena to begin with. something original
i am quite keen to do some story writing and character design.

if not that perhaps a campaign?

any way

Adzy out

I don't like the idea of a campaign but an Arena sounds fine. Not that there is anything wrong with a Campaign.. I just feel like its a little big of a project type for our first.

Level 1
Hey i have an idea for the clan name... i think it will be good our clan to be called "Death Knights". So if you like the name or not, post something else that we can all agree for the clan name. ")

Level 6
I want to join this clan. I have a balanced diverced skills. Some of my skills are:

Amateur GUI and JASS Triggering(I am more knowledgeable on Spell-making)
Object Data making(like items, units and such)
Story writing(currently working on the short story of my project)
Idealist(I have a wide scope of imagination :p)
Small knowledge(as in really small) on terraining.

Did I meet yor standards?

Level 6
I want to join this clan. I have a balanced diverced skills. Some of my skills are:

Amateur GUI and JASS Triggering(I am more knowledgeable on Spell-making)
Object Data making(like items, units and such)
Story writing(currently working on the short story of my project)
Idealist(I have a wide scope of imagination :p)
Small knowledge(as in really small) on terraining.

Did I meet yor standards?

Yeah, I'm quite sure of it. Anyway since you said that you're Idealist.. Do you have any ideas for our first map? Some clan members wanted Hero Arena. I agree that it shouldn't be too large project, (after all it's our first map) but I'm not sure if it's the best choice.

Level 6
Yeah, I'm quite sure of it. Anyway since you said that you're Idealist.. Do you have any ideas for our first map? Some clan members wanted Hero Arena. I agree that it shouldn't be too large project, (after all it's our first map) but I'm not sure if it's the best choice.

Hero Arena would be nice. We could make it simple yet unique and fun to play. RPG or ORPG would be great too but it would be too big for our first project. Even though AoS can be made easily, it is overrated. -_- Already made a thousands of times and always referred to as DotA. If yo will let me choose, I'll choose Hero Arena. Why? Simple gameplay means simple to make. Adding unique twists won't be a problem. We just need to do heavy researching to come up with some unique ideas(We need a research team for this one btw).

To make things easier too, I suggest we or someone of us make a short story. Upon making the story, we can base what game we will make and what we will make for that chosen type of game.

About the name of the clan. I want to suggest that we pick a name whereby this name will define who we are, what we do and why we do it. I just don't want to be ask by other people, "Why are you called "blah blah blah" ?" and I don't want to end up answering that question with "I don't know". Hope you get my idea.

Level 4
Some one call for a story writer? :D

yeah ill take care of that man. and my vote is for hero arena. ive written heaps of stories. and have plenty that would be pretty good to use. hell rise and fall of nations i was makin has a pretty pimp story if i altered it for a arena.

and as for the name i think Map Makers United is a pretty dam fine name. as much as i love names like Dreadcraft and Death Knights they do sound kinda... over the top :)

whilst MMU is just a simple name that is good for a map maker clan so my vote is on that.

any way if we have no complaints against hero arena id like to start writing one soon.

Level 6
Some one call for a story writer? :D

yeah ill take care of that man. and my vote is for hero arena. ive written heaps of stories. and have plenty that would be pretty good to use. hell rise and fall of nations i was makin has a pretty pimp story if i altered it for a arena.

and as for the name i think Map Makers United is a pretty dam fine name. as much as i love names like Dreadcraft and Death Knights they do sound kinda... over the top :)

whilst MMU is just a simple name that is good for a map maker clan so my vote is on that.

any way if we have no complaints against hero arena id like to start writing one soon.

Yeah! I totally agree with you in using MMU as the name of our clan. I'm interested on reading your story. Post the story here or just pm us once you finished writing it. Uhhmmm turaak and Masa1, what can you say about this? After all, you are the founder of the clan. It is still p to you guys to finalize everything discussed.

P.S. How we will contact each other btw?

Level 6
P.S. How we will contact each other btw?
Well there are several ways of contacting each other. I discussed a lot about it with turaak, but we didn't decide anything. Each way of communication has it's own pros and cons.

MSN is good for 1 on 1 chat, but it sucks when a big group of people (such as our clan) wants to communicate among themselves.

VoIP programs are somehow good, but not everyone owns headphones.

mIRC or any other such chat program is quite good for group chat, but the problem is the fact that people have to first download it :x

Forum can be used by everyone and is a good way to communicate with each other, but you usually have to wait for an answer for hours.

Level 4
yeah forums is probably easiest but i do think everyone should atleast have msn or IRC to get other details discussed easier..

as for the story i havnt finished writing but before writing stories such as this i do a timeline of the events taht will take place. i have that if you want. its a time line of the world in which story is set.

Level 6
http://mapmakersunited.grapefruitbeta.com/

That's the forum which we are going to use from now on.

Please make an account.

Nice. I want to make an account though I can't register at the moment because of that stupid code. I can't see it. It is only an error image. And just going to ask, is or site is too plain like html? that's wat I see in my browser. I'm using IE btw.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just used my Firefox browser and it works great. I like the color of the site btw. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.