• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Campaign idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
New Campaign idea? [UPDATED]

Thread no longer active! Please go to THIS THREAD

Okay, once I'm finished with my current project (Or maybe even while working on it as well), I would like to create a campaign.

First of all, as for the Storyline, I will have that covered. This is a small sample of what I've come up with so far:

For thirty long years it constantly rained all over the world. This time is commonly referred to as the Neverending Rains. The Government Council said that the Sa'rin (Samurai with magical powers) were the ones who caused the Neverending Rains, and set out to slaughter every Sa'rin in the world. They also outlawed swords, and banned their creation. By the end of the 30 years of raining, the governments had wiped out all the Sa'rin...or so they thought.
Argan (the Sa'rin) has made it his life's goal to find out the true cause of the Neverending Rains. Keeping a low profile proves to be difficult for him, however, and he has to constantly run from the law and fight to survive. Can he find the true source of the Neverending Rains and clear up the name of the Sa'rin?

I actually wrote a full two pages on paper, but that was more or less the gist of it.

I would like to know what you guys think of my idea now. Please let me know!

Last edited:
Level 7
Well, It's a tough choice.
On one hand you can be considerd a 'Wow rip off artist', on the other you could
spend months on end on somthing you may never end up finishing.

I prefer storys(and maps) that have almost NOTHING to do with WoW, even though i'm sure your fanfic is amazing, most people who wan't fanfic or a daily fix of Warcraft Lore, They go to WoW, saddly.

I say 2)

Level 12
You are very much right. But I had started a FanFic last year that was about wow that was a HUGE success (Had 500 hits in a week), but it was poorly done and i had lost interest in it, so I have since discontinued it. However my new one is going to be a beast of a story, for sure.

Anyway, I've composed a basic synopsis (I can't think of the right word) for the other story. I'll type it up and add it to my original post after I edit it to match my decision to go with the second option.

Also, +rep to you Black Crown :)

Level 7
I like your second writing, i think that would prove to be a fantastic story and one i would surely play, i love wizzards on the run. :)

Level 12
I like your second writing, i think that would prove to be a fantastic story and one i would surely play, i love wizzards on the run. :)

He's not a Wizard. He's actually more of a Samurai that has some magical powers I guess is a good way to describe it. Think of Shinigamis from Bleach in terms of their more or less being Samurai, but being able to use the magic like Way of Binding and Way of Destruction, etc. Or maybe even somewhat like a Red Mage. Maybe not a good way to describe it, lol.

Its hard to explain it without giving up a huge chunk of the storyline that I've come up with, sorry. What I can say though is that the magic isn't done with a sword in hand, and it takes a while to...cast, per se. But for a Samurai, there really isn't much time to cast anything, see? So his special moves can be used to buy him time to cast it.

Either way, without some opinions from a couple other people, I won't feel strongly enough to commit to this!

PS I'm pretty OCD when it comes to quality of anything, so you can (hopefully) expect great things from this ^^

Level 5
just try making like 3 first campaign maps of it and see if it even could become fun and abit long(not one of those 3 maps campaigns they suck) and if you can then just make it
btw i would like to test if you need someone to do that

Last edited:
Level 12
Don't worry. I guarantee it will be very long. I'm not worried about it being too short, I'm actually worried that it'll be so long, nobody would want to play it! And the 50 MB file limit worries me too lol.

As for testing, I will explain that in the post I make within the Project Recruitment Forum. I will no longer be monitoring this thread after I make the thread in Project Recruitment.

There is a link to the new thread in Project Recruitment in the main post. Please continue any and all discussion there, as I will no longer be monitoring this thread

Thanks for the motivation, guys. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.