• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Campaign Help Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, me and a friend decided recently to create a new and awesome campaign. A new race from warcraft will be introduced and will revolutionize the warcraft world. But to be able to make it I need a triggerer who is very experienced in World Editor, a skinner/modeller who can make clean and well done skins/models. And a terrainer who can make beautiful scenery. If you are interested pm pls.

Level 3
I could help with a few triggers, I consider myself as mid-level as with the Trigger Editor. I'm not that great with terraining, but I can try. As to skinning/modeling, I don't have the tools for those.

Level 4
A good triggerer would be nice, there are just a few issues like profiling on the campaign's site. Like what kind of picture you would like underneath your profile and filling in on what my ideas and other issues about the campaign are.

Level 3
Let's see... How can I know what level of triggering do I reach? How can I show you?...

You're creating a website at the same time? Great idea, but then you must be sure you'll continue the campaign to its end.

Also sketch the campaign's plan... How many maps it has, the files that would be imported, and I'd like to have a summary of the plot.

Anyway, we'll see then.

Level 4
Well the campaign willl have 10 levels with models and voices for a new race. I have already created a simple sketch of the main hero but have not a name for him. The race was kind of the idea with the naga and undead they both seeked for revenge upon their formal species. The new race will be born from the ruins of Dalaran and will eventually join up with Sylvanus and will attempt to destroy every living/undead city and will eventually cause the orcs, humans, nightelves, undead and naga to team up and attempt to fight off the new enemy.

Level 4
Well it is gonna take place is the ruins of Dalaran which is said on the site. So there should be a rather broken down kind of city. The level info page on the site kind of says the idea of the 1st level. But its gotta have some trees and a lot of tile setting. Along with blight and good spots to place troops.

Level 4
Ok Neltharius can you make a trigger where workers can make troops from corpses. Just takes about 15 seconds depending on what unit. And make it so it costs gold/wood. Would Appreciate it, will be used for the new race. And Rebel when your done the terrain can you e-mail me it at [email protected]. Pls and ty.

Level 3
Hm... Workers make troops from corpses? Do you mean, kind of like "Raise Dead"? But using the "Build Structure ability"? That can't be done at my knowledge, but I can give you a solution that's close to it.

Create an ability based on "Raise Dead" for your workers. This will fill the 'need corpse to train' condition. Empty its data slots, leave nothing except the casting requirements (the unit will need a corpse). I'll name it "Animate". Just have a tooltip that says, 'Creates a unit from a corpse. Each unit requires resources to be trained.'

Then the triggers come in.
Note Create a variable before, as a Dialog Box (named Dialog in the variables menu). Then make one for each type of units, of type Dialog Button. One variable of type "Point" (remember this one, it's needed!). Finally, one for the player owner of the building unit and one Boolean for a True/False function (create one Boolean for each type of unit).

Code:
Events -
   A unit (Initializes the effect of an ability)

Conditions -
   Ability being cast = (Animate)
  *We do not need to specify the type of unit, as only the workers will have the ability.

Actions -
   Set (Animator) = (Owner of casting unit)
  *Here is the "Point" variable.
   Set (AnimateTarget) = (Target point of ability being cast)
   Dialog - Clear (DialogBox)
  *As to make sure we don't have impurities in our dialog.
   Dialog - Create Dialog Button for (DialogBox) labelled (Footman)
  *Create Dialog Buttons for every unit, and label them as you call your units.
   Dialog - Change title of (DialogBox) to (Animate units:)
   Dialog - Show (DialogBox) for (Owner of casting unit)

This creates the Dialog Box. Now, the player choose the unit to train.

Code:
Events -
   A Dialog Button is clicked for (DialogBox)

Conditions -
   Clicked Dialog Button = (FootmanButton)

Actions -
  *Here is our Boolean.
   Set (FootmanTrain) = True
   If (Animator)'s current gold is (Inferior to 135), then (Game - Display to (Animator) the text: (Insufficient resources.)), else (Do nothing).
   If (Animator)'s current gold is (Superior or equal to 135), then (Trigger - Run (TrainingMultiboard) <gen>, else (Do nothing).
  *If the gold required is equal to 135.
  *I'm introducing a new trigger here, TrainingMultiboard. We'll create it shortly.

There goes the conditions. The last action will run a multiboard that will show the training progress.

<Catches breath back, saving text.>

[I'd like to thank Nemesis[DK] for his helpful Multiboard Tutorial, and Sansui for translating it.]

Have a new trigger, name it TrainingMultiboard (as we named it previously). Put it as off at the game start.

Create variables (again).
-one named TrainMultiboard, of type Multiboard -.-;
-one named TrainBar, of type Real, for each unit.
-the last named TrainProgress, of type Real with array.
All with 0 (default) initial value.

This is a very long and complicated trigger, pay attention, I may have done mistakes. If you want, I'll create a map including the triggers.

Code:
Events -
  *None, as the previous trigger will launch the trigger.

Conditions -
  *None either.

Actions -
  *Creating the Multiboard.
   Multiboard - Create a multiboard with (20) colums and (2) rows, titled (TrainingMultiboard)
   Set (TrainMultiboard) = (Last created multiboard)
  *Changing display style.
   Multiboard - Set the display style for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 0, row 1 to (Show text) and (Hide icons)
   Multiboard - Set the display Style for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 0, row 2 to (Hide text) and (Show icons)
  *Changing the width of the items.
   Multiboard - Set the width for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 0, row 1 to 0.50% of the total screen width
   Multiboard - Set the width for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 0, row 2 to 0.50% of the total screen width
  *Changing the display icon. You'll have created two display icons types: one which states current progress, for example a yellow square, and another for the remaining training time, maybe a lighter yellow square. Then you convert them to BLP files using the many converters that are here in the [url=http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&sid=80fc423b85cd621d77151d5e7e993c0d]Tools Section[/url].
   Set the icon for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 0, row 2 to (*\TrainProgress.blp)
  *Changing the text display.
   Multiboard - Set the width for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (6.00%) of the total screen width
   Multiboard - Set the width for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to (4.00%) of the total screen width
   Multiboard - Set the text for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to (Training Progress: [Footman])
  *Note: Here, you need to make an If/Then/Else action for each type of unit. Yup!
   If (FootmanTrain) = True, then (Multiboard - Set the text for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to (String((Integer([TrainBarFootman]) + /) + (35)), else (Do nothing).
  *If training time is equal to 35.
  *Again, same function for every unit.
   If (FootmanTrain) = True, then (Trigger - Run (TrainNumberFootman) <gen>, else (Do nothing)
   Multiboard - Show (TrainMultiboard).

<Gasp! Save text before it's erased!> <Whew...>

Are you still there?... There's still the biggest part to come...

Multiboard update (the progress will change the bar's width)!

In the previous (huge) trigger, I said we would run a TrainNumberFootman trigger. This will set the string of the multiboard. Then make that trigger now, it's short (promised)! Put to to "Off at game start".

Code:
Events -
   Time - Every (1.00) seconds of game time

Conditions -
  *None, as the multiboard trigger runs this one only if the Footman is trained. If another unit is trained, then create another trigger for it with the required training time. Are you still following?

Actions -
   Set (TrainBarFootman) = (TrainBarFootman) + (1.00)
  *Let's add an effect!
   Special effect - Create a special effect at (AnimateTarget) using (*Your choice.)

Yet another trigger to close the previous one and create the Footman we have waited so much for it.

Code:
Events -
   Game - (TrainBarFootman) becomes (Equal to) 35

Conditions -
   *None!

Actions -
   Trigger - Turn (off) (TrainNumberFootman)
   Unit - Create (1) unit of type (Footman) for (Animator) at (AnimateTarget) facing (*We'll say (Random Angle))

Setting the progress bar, now.

Code:
Events -
   Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time

Conditions -
  *None.

Actions -
  *Icons. 
   For each integer A from (1) to (20), do actions:
     Multiboard - Set the icon for (TrainMultiboard) item in column (Integer A), row 2 to (*Texture you chose previously.)
  *Progress.
   Set (TrainProgress[1]) = ((35) / (20))
   Set (TrainProgress[2]) = 0.00
   For each integer A from (1) to (20), do actions:
     Set (TrainProgress[2]) = ((TrainProgress[2]) + (TrainProgress[1]))
     If (All conditions are True), then (Do Actions), else (Do Actions):
       If (TrainBarFootman) is (Superior or equal) to (TrainProgress[2])
       Then Multiboard - Set the icon for (TrainMultiboard) item in column (Integer A), row 2 to (*Lighter texture you chose.)
       Else Multiboard - Set the icon for (TrainMultiboard) item in column (Integer A), row 2 to (*Texture you chose previously.)
   Multiboard - Set the text for (TrainMultiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to (String((Integer([TrainBarFootman]) + /) + (35))

Whew! Not that bad, wasn't it? I think there's all... I hope!

Level 4
:shock: WOW! Was exactly what I was looking for, I better give you 2 more jobs cause if I only give you one you will be done in 3 minutes hehe. Ok next I need a trigger which will give units the ability to use shadowmeld during the day. And will allow the units really fast regeneration.

Level 11
And may I ask what you do for the project? I mean, I have a similar project, and believe me, I tried to make it by just relying on other people and it didn't really work out. Right now I am doing spells, icons, even models for the project, and I get help with skinning and animations for models.

When another guy told me that I should get more involved into the project, I ignored him, but he was damn right. What can I say? Good luck, but you need to get involved! And not only by coming with ideas!

~Daelin

Level 3
I'm fine with only one job, honestly... That trigger took me two hours to make, no kidding.

Hm... If you want something that allows as well during the day as during the night, I suggest you create a spell based upon "Dig" (Undead Crypt Fiend's hide and regeneration ability, remove the animations), then giving it a previously set up "Windwalk" (set the time to infinite, change the tooltips, remove data) through a trigger. Then have it removed in another trigger when the unit moves.

Do you want me to expose the triggers?

EDIT :: I won't mind my previous post to be CnP'ed in a tutorial, as to help others. Just tell me so I can get pictures.

Level 4
O it took you 2 hours eh.... well i was jk about the 3 jobs thingy hehe. Daelin I am aware that I may not be doing a lot of work yet but I still need to person who can make models b4 I can start working extremely hard. And Neltharius I mean shadowmeld during just the day not the night. My jobs on the campaign are unit placement quest creation small triggering and terraining and cinematics. Plus I will create the base idea of what the units from the new race the "Souless" will look like and will provide the skins for 2 new human chars Folther and Darathan (an Archmage and a knight). As soon as we can get a modeller I can get down to it kk?

Level 3
To have the ability only useable during the day, add a condition to a trigger including Game - Game Time and choosing the time. The day is generally between 6:00 and 18:00.

Level 4
Hmmm..... first of all we could add a few places with dalaran creeps and secondly we could make some reinforcements for the humans at different spots. And Neltharius there is one more thing I'd like to ask could you put all of the trigger for the unit summoning into a map then send it to me. I'm having a hard time getting it to work on my own. Pls and Ty. And finally rebel when you feel ready can you e-mail me wat you have so far? Then I'll touch it up with units and quests and all that stuff.

Level 3
I can try, Cheetory6... I may not do it immidiately, but I will do it if I can during the week-end. Did the trigger trick solve your spell problem?

Can I know what you are talking about, Ev1L_Rh4sTA?

Level 4
Well, soon I'll get some updates on the site like level 2 and race info. And rebel could you e-mail me wat you have done so far I would like to finish up level one soon. But I am still having some issues with finding a modeller. I've pmed a few people but only one has given me ne positive feedback.

Level 3
Sorry, I've been out longer than I thought... school started back.

I've done about half of the triggering in my free time. I have a three days weekend so it should be enough for me to finish it.

Apologies. I'll post here when it's over.

Level 3
I've got great news!

The trigger is nearly finished. There are still a few bugs I need to fix, but it should be finished by Monday.

I'll post the map at Monday, in the afternoon. Or give me your email so I can send it to you?

Level 3
I don't have AIM, so I sent the map to your Hotmail adress. Hope you'll enjoy it. There might be a few fixes to apply, though.

EDIT:: Noticed bugs, and sent you the updated map.

NOTE:: Wait 10 seconds before the template units die. Then you can use the Necro's Animate.

Level 4
Well ty very much Neltharius I recently have acquired a volunteer to make 2 more models for the campaign. I have another model but it seems to be having pathing problems. It's Mr.Psycho2000's model the stalker but I can't seem to get it to import right.

Level 3
I hope you like the trigger. Was it like you wanted it?

To import a model, you have to get the model into the Import Editor as well as its textures, portrait as well if there is one, and change the textures as they are written on the model's page. An example: This skin of an Undead Rogue from WoW. The skins' paths are written in bright green on the model's data info.

Status
Not open for further replies.