• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New aos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I know what your thinking " this is gonna be another fake dota copy aos or some op anime one", well no. this is an entierly new concept( well idk about entierly new LOL ), anyway my idea is a 3 team aos style map based on the war on heaven from lucifer.

team one would be Heaven
Team 2 would be hell
Team 3 would be Humans

Story (for loading screen): The year is X BC, Lucifer has rebelled and is seeking to take over heaven, in the middle of the war heavenly powers have somehow strengthened the once powerless humans, The humans seek to take heaven, but they will have to fight Both hell and heaven to get there.

hell would have demon creeps + a fallen angle or something
Heaven would have angle units+ godly angle
Humans would have like spearman+ knigts

there would be 1 tavern for each team, custom items then ultimate items ( things which are in the bible , staff of moses such and such which would be made from each teams items)

the terrain would be like this
Heaven would be either cloudy ( white or something idk where to find this type of terrain)

hell would be like brim stone fire red lava

and human would be normal with forest and stuff

this is just an idea i though up 2 days ago, to me it sounds good but idk if it isnt to other people, so here i am!!! thanks for any help in advance!! :)

Level 2
This is original >,< , I didn't copy any idea's from past aid , exept of course the creeps and the fact that it will have items and herO xD , and this is just the beginning I have many different idea's for items and the currency is souls instead of gold killing creeps give you x soul and killing hero gives you more each level it would be a formula like " x ( souls) = lvl x 2,+ 10",also it's not gonna end with just killing the base , like just before any base is destroyed all enemy teams of the base being destroyed will be sent to final boss level eg angles base at 5% then they have to fight boss god( i know that many people have done this Bfor x hero seige and naruto castle defense ), that's kinda it , but I only thought of t a week ago so how do those idea's sound ?

Level 2
ok, tell me what exactly is not original?, also i really just wanted to see weather people would like this or not, i havent even made the map and weather its original or not ( it totally is) i just wanted to know how it sounds as an idea, i dont know why ppl getting all huff puff about something, no aos is original, but there are many new ones that are fun, and its not like this aos is just heros fighting there is a back story in and i still plan to make like the story into the game, like i said its a new idea like only 2 weeks ago

Level 26
Heaven vs hell is not that new but I do not know any major AoS for it. The theme is okay I guess as there is a lot of background you can apply and choose from. So it comes down to the realization. I would advise you to take your time, think over if this is really what you want to do and not just some crank. An AoS is no little project, you should have the skills and do all the concepts beforehand. Copying all stuff from other existing AoS will just turn it non-innovative again and not establish a connection to the theme.

Level 2
actually, that heaven vs hell map has nothing to do with heaven, this is the actual story to the battle between heaven vs hell, all heaven vs hell has is some hero with the names. yea i know i already though of like a cool story, like instead of humans, (this might sound kinda gay so tell me XD), it will be like in naruto shippuden where naruto went back in time, but something went wrong and now they are in this battle :).

Level 26
actually, that heaven vs hell map has nothing to do with heaven, this is the actual story to the battle between heaven vs hell, all heaven vs hell has is some hero with the names.

Had to reread this a few times to get your point. I was not referring to a map named Hell vs Heaven (which I do not know). Instead, I meant the theme is not very innovative but solid.

You may have some ideas now but remember that this is only the first step and carving out the actual senceful, coherent game becomes work.

Level 16
You want original ideas?
Make the items durable so it can't be used forever.
Make item types so no one is able to carry 6 swords...
Make the battle interactive. Don't make heroes with only one useable skill(like Leoric in DotA).
Make balanced heroes(DotA is very unbalanced atm).
Make a custom battle system where for non-mage characters the mana pool is their fatigue. If it's too low for them, they do less damage. Fatigue decreases slowly by running, a bit more when attacking once and lot more when using skills.
Don't make heroes with passive ultimates. It makes the game unbalanced.
Give the items negative stats. For example, in Team Fortress 2, each weapon mostly has a downside. The Machina sniper rifle is very strong but cannot be fired unless it's zoomed. This makes it easier to balance the game.
Make the terrain nice and original but not too messy or spammed with doodoads. Make it FPS lag free. On older computers it can be very irritating when you play an AoS that is very laggy.
Make the paths nice. In the reset of the AoS games creeps can only go on a straight line to attack the enemy base. Make the roads curved.
Make the terrain with the importance of tactics. For example it's well made in League of Legends. There are bushes where the heroes can hide and they can only see each other if they go in too.
Don't make neutrals like Roshan in DotA. It's kinda unfair when it's 4v5 and someone kills it and picks up the aegis. Make boss neutrals that gives bonus buffs on kill. For example if you kill a big wolf, you and assisting ally heroes get 10% movement speed for a brief period of time.
Make the recipes easy to understand. For example, in DotA there are recipes creating items with active skills and it's not writing what the skill does.
etc. etc.

Just a few ideas. I can give more if you need some.

Level 2
Just an advice, never, never say your map will be like naruto in this forum.

Bad juju, it is.

Lol thanks for the advice.

Had to reread this a few times to get your point. I was not referring to a map named Hell vs Heaven (which I do not know). Instead, I meant the theme is not very innovative but solid.

You may have some ideas now but remember that this is only the first step and carving out the actual senceful, coherent game becomes work

oh, well i had always though that there was very little,, at least in my experince, ive never seen a heaven vs hell map, thanks for telling me XD

You want original ideas?
Make the items durable so it can't be used forever.
Make item types so no one is able to carry 6 swords...
Make the battle interactive. Don't make heroes with only one useable skill(like Leoric in DotA).
Make balanced heroes(DotA is very unbalanced atm).
Make a custom battle system where for non-mage characters the mana pool is their fatigue. If it's too low for them, they do less damage. Fatigue decreases slowly by running, a bit more when attacking once and lot more when using skills.
Don't make heroes with passive ultimates. It makes the game unbalanced.
Give the items negative stats. For example, in Team Fortress 2, each weapon mostly has a downside. The Machina sniper rifle is very strong but cannot be fired unless it's zoomed. This makes it easier to balance the game.
Make the terrain nice and original but not too messy or spammed with doodoads. Make it FPS lag free. On older computers it can be very irritating when you play an AoS that is very laggy.
Make the paths nice. In the reset of the AoS games creeps can only go on a straight line to attack the enemy base. Make the roads curved.
Make the terrain with the importance of tactics. For example it's well made in League of Legends. There are bushes where the heroes can hide and they can only see each other if they go in too.
Don't make neutrals like Roshan in DotA. It's kinda unfair when it's 4v5 and someone kills it and picks up the aegis. Make boss neutrals that gives bonus buffs on kill. For example if you kill a big wolf, you and assisting ally heroes get 10% movement speed for a brief period of time.
Make the recipes easy to understand. For example, in DotA there are recipes creating items with active skills and it's not writing what the skill does.
etc. etc.

Just a few ideas. I can give more if you need some.

thanks i guess, ill try to put that in :), (if this map ever gets started)

we're not the ones getting 'huff puff'
you're the one getting 'huff puff'

i dont even understand how im the one getting huff puff XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.