• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Netgear Router 2200 : Port Forwarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys,

So I'm not sure if anyone else has this model, but it's giving me the shits. I wanted to forward a port for a Ventrilo server, and when I went ahead and logged into the router, it did a firmware update. This was all well and good, I let it finish the update and then it closed the net once it finished. So I log back into the router and the "Port Forwarding / Port Triggering" Tab is gone... the one I needed.

I don't know if the universe has just decided to mess with me today or what, but I have no idea why the tab is gone, and I've been searching quite a bit for an answer but can't find anyone else that's had the same problem. Any Suggestions?

All help is appreciated. Thanks

Level 6
Read the firmware change documentation to see what they did with it. They might have just moved it to another section.

You're right! Partially at least, they pretty much removed the Port Forwarding Section and made it much more annoying to work out. I have to set up "Services in the Services tab" relating to whatever port I want to forward, and then go the Firewall Rules tab and allow it... some update, made things much less simple ><

Thank you Dr Super Good :) + rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.