• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nelu's Spell pack 1.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: doomhammer99
FIXED LEAK ISSUE

Some spells I made:

knock back spells

omnislash

follower spell

rapid movement

and so on and so on

MODELS FROM: WILL THE ALMIGHTY, JetFangInferno & AztArt

Keywords:
spell ability omnislash explosion bombardment knock back berserk ice prison kraken air strike summon thunder bolt meteorites pong knives
Contents

Spell Pack (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 18:28, 1st Oct 2012 Magtheridon96: The spells still leak. (Center of ...) is an example of one of the location leaks. Also, you should not use waits. Read the tutorial about MUI delays I...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

18:28, 1st Oct 2012
Magtheridon96: The spells still leak.
(Center of ...) is an example of one of the location leaks.
Also, you should not use waits.
Read the tutorial about MUI delays I linked in the thread so that you can make these spells MUI.

Level 4
you have many spells in the map actually. you should post them all and hide them.

positive about your spells that the effects are pretty nice for some, and maybe creative but what goes down is that most of your spells actually have leaks, you use "Waits". Spell is not MPI/MUI

Level 4
MPI = Multi-Player Instanceability
MUI = Multi-Unit Instanceability

if i'm not wrong.

since some of your spells trigger are using "Waits", it leaks and the spell cannot be casted by different units/heroes
→ meaning if there is 2 unit/hero named "A" and "B"
if "A" cast spell "X"
than "B" cannot cast spell "X" at the same time until the spell is over

there is a tutorial out this to make your "Waits" trigger MUI.

Level 3
This map was originally made as a way for me to get spells for my FOCS English map. Also:
1. In that map there is only one hero that uses an ability at any given time, so there is no need for the spells to be multiple-instanced, doing so would require a huge amount of USELESS work.
2. I played and tested this map in multiplayer with nelu for HOURS and did not encounter not even 1 problem (like performance loss due to leaks).
3. If the rules say that a spell must be able to be cast by multiple casters then you should clearly change the rules, you are already losing enough spells/maps/models/etc.. because of this.

Want to make the spells MUI or MPI, then do it yourself, don't expect to be spoonfed. The spells (yes, all of them) are an excellent starting template and nobody is going to keep you from modifying them.
So as i said with my map when i tried to upload it here: Take it or Leave it.
Else this map will be uploaded to other sites where it will be appreciated and where the creator doesn't need to do 1000+ things to get it accepted.

This map was originally made as a way for me to get spells for my FOCS English map.
Use pastebin for that

The ClOW said:
Also:
1. In that map there is only one hero that uses an ability at any given time, so there is no need for the spells to be multiple-instanced, doing so would require a huge amount of USELESS work.

Actually it'd hardly require useless work, if anything it's very useful as it improves the creators ability to program when they do things correctly

The ClOW said:
2. I played and tested this map in multiplayer with nelu for HOURS and did not encounter not even 1 problem (like performance loss due to leaks).

That's great but it's irrelevent

The ClOW said:
3. If the rules say that a spell must be able to be cast by multiple casters then you should clearly change the rules, you are already losing enough spells/maps/models/etc.. because of this.

Quality over quantity

The ClOW said:
Want to make the spells MUI or MPI, then do it yourself, don't expect to be spoonfed. The spells (yes, all of them) are an excellent starting template and nobody is going to keep you from modifying them.
So as i said with my map when i tried to upload it here: Take it or Leave it.
Else this map will be uploaded to other sites where it will be appreciated and where the creator doesn't need to do 1000+ things to get it accepted.

The creator doesn't have to do anywhere near 1000+ Things, a quality spell can be made relatively quickly and these shouldn't be hard to fix or require stenous amounts of effort.

If you have a problem with the rules take it up to the mods, however we abide by the rules set out for the site and this is not the place for them, if Nelu wants their things approved here, then they will have to abide by our quality standards, this thread is for critique and constructive comments, not a political debate on what would be good policy for rules.

Level 6
this is some interesing stuff, in all in one map, thank you very much king nelu

(sorry if im necro posting or this is illegal)