• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

(Needs Name)RPG game idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
STORY:
the story follows two main characters, the villain and the hero (duh) taking the place of the villain is the cliche necromancer, out to summon an army of deamons from another dimension, only difference between him and other secound rate necromancers is, he won. the good guys lost and he is seconds away from somoning the evil deamon dudes.

The hero comes next. He is a genious but not the cliche scientist. he is where the game is centered. to explain him i think i should explain a bit about him. ever since he was born people ignored him, they didn't tell him why or hint at anything. he saw the flaws in society, even came up with ways society could fix them. he never mentioned any of these. society would never accept his ideas, the ideas would cost certain minorities to much power. instead he structured his life about becoming the smartest strongest person possible. he is an excellent warrior and a genious. he doesn't play well with groups of people. he is fine with individuals but when it comes to societies he can be very blunt. he expects to get paid in full for everything, and if he learns something new, he won't just hand it out to the government for free. he controls everyhting he owns for fear that society will misuse it. this is the setup for our little story.

Our hero is experimenting with tearing controlled holes in reality. this can creat pathways to other realities, but that would require a method of control that he can't control unless he learns more about holes in reality. what better way to learn than to observe, a harmless hole in reality is fine right? our hero's experiment starts well, the scar in reality looking pretty awsome in the test room. then the scar becomes rounded and begins to smash through the roof.

our villain, while trying to connect to the deamon world (already had the hole open) accidentally (and through no fault of his own) connected to our heros reality. realising what has happened our villain decides to make the best of it and invade this new reality, he raises the corpses of the fallen that lie around him creating an army of skeleton gargoyles and a skeleton dragon that he rides, he then travels through the portal.

our hero, realizing that he has accidentally invited a skeleton army into our/his reality must now stop the necromancer. he hops on board his low atmosphere fighter (under construction) and flies out to blow the necromancer to kingdom kom. instead he gets hit with a lightning bolt and loses control, he flies right through the portal and crashes in a wierd fantasy world.

I might use this to make a beta, where you play the hero and try to find weapons to destroy the necromancer than go back in time and space to right after you get hit and kick the necromancer on his semi-dead ass.

GAME SETTING:
the game takes place right after this first incident. the hero and the villain are alive (the necromancer is probably pissed though) the hero has created a few teams to travel through to this alternate reality and try to stop the necromancer, while the necromancer has begun to summon an army to launch another invasion. THIS IS NOT AN AoS!!! the tems are even but the map is open. i know this looks like the setup for an AoS but AoS's are not open enough for me! I hate them! most of the action will occure in the fantasy world with the base acting as a shop where you can purchase the most powerfull-non magical items.

I know you're probably thinking that the Modern team will be at an advantage but i assure you, AK-47's and frag gernades do not work well against magical shields and fire monsters. you will need to use a combonation of magical, and physical weapons to win. do quests, kill monsters, kill each other, and if there's a wall in you're way.... C4!

Remeber! this is just an idea!

Level 10
Pretty damn creative story line. The "hole in reality" is real awesome.

Ok so~ how would you do this? Do you make it into one map or two, one for the fantasy reality and to the erm-our reality?

Well aside from anything else this game needs a lot of time and work (don't projects need that always XD) Well good luck with this (if ever you make it) I can imagine how much fun this could be if done well.

EDIT: So wait~ ok so the Hero is fantasy land and gets a party to return home right? So is the goal of the necromacer to go back and invade to the fantasy land? I mean he could just rule over in the heroes reality, wouldn't he?

Ok I have an Ideal for the title, how about:

1. "Reality's Rift"
2. [Insert Name of the hero if awesome]
3. "The Two Worlds"
4. "Reality Eclipse"

still thinking . . .

Level 6
no. the first battle sets up the story.

timeline
Hole in Reality
Necromancer Invades Modern and raises portal into sky
Hero Heads to Fantasy
Hero returns from Fantasy and defeats Necromancer who reatreats to fantasy portal returns to bunker room.
Necromancer rebuilds in fantasy
Hero sends special troops to fantasy to find and defeat Necromancer
-Insert awsome car chase here-

and the game would be one map. the modern location would include the base, a bit of the nearby city, and the nearby hills where the base is (it's an underground base) the modern area would only be used for buying equipment and for special events (area gets invaded and stuff) this is mainly because if fantasy monsters got a foothold in a modern city than strategic missile command would vaporize the region, not very good for tourism.

most of the adventure would happen in the fantasy land.

i also have ideas for the structure of reality and stuff. heres how the realities are structures.
each reality has a number of dimensions. each reality has it's own set of rules, there are a few that appear to be universal (gravity physics chemistry) of course the defining difference is magic. in a reality there exist many dimensions (1-oo) there is usually a main dimension (or series of main dimensions) in these main dimensions the rules apply normally (gravity) however in certain other dimensions these rules can be different or nonexistant.

each reality is seperated space. this space is nothing and everything. the distant between realities is 0 but the realities are sperate, travel is instantaneous (when actually seperated from a reality) however time doesn't truly exist. the space between realities meets each reality at every point in both time and space so you could theoretically enter reality at the time of columbous and claim the new-world before anyone else. (no one does not know how to do this)

each reality is kinda like a planet. there's the surface where all the rules apply, but the farther from the surface you get the less the rules apply (reality thins like the atmosphere the farther away you are from it.)

Level 10
Oh I get it now the game starts when the the hero gets back from the fantasy to the real world. ANd necro goes back to his world too. And their both preparing for either sides attack.

As for the dimension theory, it's pretty,like OMG wha!? haha. But I picture this clearly in my head. Wait . . . the hero will eventually go back and forth to he's real world does that mean the real world will be different everytime, like in random?

Level 6
no. both worlds will be static. the modern world and the fantasy world each have a portal (like a way-gate) and that's why he can travel back and forth whenever. one more timbit, the objective for the Modern team is to destroy an artifact the necromancer has so that they can close the portal (this isn't a permanent solution, the item is holding the portal open against the hero's will, with the item gone the hero could control his trips and safely prevent invasion.)

and it doesn't truly matter wether other people understand the interdimensional theory, it's more to prove that i have put thought into this and aren't just making it all up on the spot.

Level 4
First of all, your RPG idea sounds really good.

Second: I have a couple of ideas for it. The first one is that travel between realities could have a negative effect in the hero and/or its companions (something like jet lag), which would leave him/them dazed, stunned, or something like that.

Another idea is for that "awesome car chase". After reading your concept of realities, I thought that the car chase could take place between realities OR away from the realities, and as their "athmosphere" gets "thinner", strange things begin to happen.

Finally, I also thought that the existance of a portal between those realities could affect their set of rules (maybe magic would pass to the modern day or something).

Anyway, these are just ideas, if you want to include them into yours.

Level 2
This looks like parallel worlds setting which the hero discovered a way of traveling between. Difference between the two worlds just being one developed science and one doing magic.

It could be called something like "wars of the worlds", or if you want to give it some more fantasy feel, something like "chronicles of [name of hero]", if you want more modern feel maybe "True reality" as for both worlds, their own is the "real" one..

Status
Not open for further replies.