• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Need WarTurtle "Kodo"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a brainstorm first iteration on this. I made this in Retera Model Studio and only tested a little bit ingame, so you can tell me if it works for your need(s).

I also have a version with all the animations but before I dented the turtle shell to make the rider fit, in case you wanted to keep the turtle shell undented and put the rider in a different location instead and create something with thematically different proportions.

I did not make a portrait file but you could probably just use the turtle portrait.

Attachments

• TurtleRiderMerge12.mdx
    394.9 KB · Views: 6
Level 20
I'm curious: I've been having a conversation with @deepstrasz about the possibility that I may release the custom tilesets from my project should the koto-turtle pop up, and few minutes later, after an exact month, you show up. I thank you, but now more than ever I'm confused about this whole story, which is stupidly coincidental to say the least.

Deepstrasz messaged me in a direct message 3 hours ago linking this thread and asking if I would make the model, and so for two hours after that I was making the model while watching television right now.

So, I don't know the rest of your story, but I know that I created this file for you within the past 3 hours (because deepstrasz pinged me and asked).

Level 20
It cannot be 3 hours ago? anyway he started a conversation on my profile, asking if I could release the custom tilesets in the skins section, so that other may use it to create wc2 related custom material.
I replied saying the tilesets wouldn't work anyway, because it's custom material and, despite I tried, I could never make anything custom work on wc3 versions over 1.29(and it's the reason my wc2 remake works only on versions below that).
Then he replied that the extension has not to be set as .blp but as .dss or something... and I got pissed off, because no one EVER told that to me and I felt like I wasted 5 years of my life developing a project I could have worked on on newer versions(barring Reforged, but at least I had new teamcolors!).
In the end I told him that no one was going to touch those custom tilesets, unless(little whim of mine) that kodo-turtle would pop up.
Then I deleted that conversation from my profile, because I wanted to move on like it never happened, and a few minutes later here you are.
Couldn't be 3 hours ago, though, unless time has been going twice as fast, or Deepstrasz is a frigging fortune-teller and knew I was going to ask for the turtle in this very instance. Either way I'm going to talk with him again. Thank you again, good sir.
P.S. holy cow, the turtle also has death and decay animations! All seems to work fine. Anyway I won't be using it before Beyond The Dark Portal Remake, but I wanted to secure it prior so that I know I can develop one of the Orc subclans properly.

Huh. Seems weird. As far as animations, yea it has death but I also put onto there the Swim animations with the rider, so you can see it is neither the exact animations of the Kodo nor the exact animations of the Turtle. Some work was done to try to combine these.

As far as the time history, what I can show you will probably be confusing because it is my timezone, but here is a screenshot of the time on the first message from Deepstrasz to me:
1673753018737.png

(he said more than this but I clipped the message since I didn't bother asking his permission to share it)

1673753084198.png

So, I don't know the timestamps on your profile messages but in my time zone it says that these two events were 3 hours apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.