• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need testers :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I need people to test my map.
This will be the 1-st "official" BETA release (even if I've posted the map before too - in development stages).

The map is a RTS, with custom races.
I've 'somewhat' finished only the Elves, so they are the only allowed race for now.

Please give me feedback on the map, apart from reporting bugs.
It's not well balanced for now, so please tell me what's overpowered, and what's underpowered.
I'm also open to suggestions about what to improve, and how :)

1) Meteor shower.
There is a constant rain of meteorites on the map, which damage players.
They get stronger every minute (so games can rarely last more than 1 hour - especially in "Hell" mode).
There is a research "Meteor Shield", which becomes available on the 10-th minute of the game. It significall reduces the Meteorites' effect, but this upgrade is not available on "Hell" mode.

The modes of the game affect only the strenght of the Meteorites for now:
- How much damage do the meteorites deal
- How much AoE do they have
- How many meteorites fall every second

There is a spell called "Concentration" - it's given to the 1-st hero you train, and it concentrates the meteorites from all the map into a small area.
When it's cast more than 1-ce at the same time - the meteorites are distributed between all of the selected locations.

2) Treasure hunt.
There are 18 areas, where treasures may be hidden.
When your hero reaches such an area - he will get a buff "Dig Spot", and will lost this buff upon leaving the area.

While in such area - when you write "-dig" - you have a chance to get an item. At the moment, there are 4 items available.

When you get an item - another one will be hidden again, in 1 of the 18 areas (could be the same area, as the last one).

Digging takes 5 seconds, during which your hero can't do anything.

It's cancelled upon hero's death.

I also may have missed a lot of skill describtions, and stuff like that (in the object editor), please report these too :p

Updates:
Vesrsion 0.2.0.2:
1) Changed the respawnable creeps from normal units to creep-type units.
2) Cleared some leaks in the Fading library.
3) Added skills to the Death Knight. (And one skill to the Soul Eater)
4) Minor changes in most heroes.
5) Fixed a bug with the Bonus System + Added 2 new functions (12 in total): 1 to get the bonus stat the unit has currently applied to it, and one to replace its bonus stats (instead of having to manually call Remove and then Add, now I can just call “Replace”)

Vesrsion 0.2.0.1:
1) Re-balanced The Dark One:
a) Now Toxic Pool deals damage, based on The Dark One’s Strength, lasts a bit longer, and slows enemy units down. (Damage re-scaled from 25>40>55>70 to 20>30>40>50 + 25% str>30% str>35% str>40% str; Duration increased from 4>4,2>4,4>4,6 to 4>4,4>4,8>5,2; Added slow, which scales like 20%>25%>30%>35%, while enemies are within the AoE)
b) Now Death Grip speeds The Dark One up, instead of slowing down enemies.
c) Rescaled Shield Decay from 1>2>3>4 to 1>3>4>6
2) Re-scaled The Druidess’ Hawk Attack damage from 50>70>90>110 to 40>50>60>70 + 30% int>40% int> 50% int> 60% int; and increased her Hawk Form’s cast range from 400>550>700>850 to 500>650>800>950.
3) Re-scaled Magic Cluster’s damage each hit from 100%>70%>51%>38,8%>30,6%>25,1%>21,3%>18,8%>17,1% to 100%>60%>39%>27,3%>20,4%>16,4%>13,9%>12,5%>11,9%
4) Improved performance by disabling custom skill triggers, and enabling them only when a certain race is picked and certain hero is trained (Did the same with racial triggers too – they are disabled, unless the race is picked).
5) Rewrote the Demon Hunter Morphing trigger – no more ReplaceUnitBJ. (Also stopped using ReplaceUnitBJ in the Seed trigger)
6) Reworked my sliding library: instead of using 6 structs + 6 timers + 6 booleans, now it uses only 1 of each. Now it uses a lot less variables, and it doesn't bug upon loading a game anymore.
7) Added 5/6 heroes (with no skills) to the undead Altar.

Vesrsion 0.2:
1) Added a respawnable creep system! (Although I still need to change the creeps which respawn)
2) Changed the force properties - now the forces are allied, and the map is 3v3v3v3, instead of deathmatch.
3) Added 2 new Elf Heroes (which is equal to making 8 more triggered (or combined) spells + 3 non-triggered ones (one of the heroes has 7 skills + engineering upgrade)).
4) Made the inferno rain lighter - stopped creating dummies like crazy, and reduced the checks done.
5) Improved some of my libraries (and created a new system, which works like Bonus Mod).
6) Now players can select Undead as race, but that's 1000% not recomended at this stage - they have no heroes, no researches, no describtions... they don't have almost anything xP They are there only for testing purposes for now.
7) Finished the undead's build animations.
8) Added death SFX on some (custom) undead buildings.
9) Changed the way Demon Gate initial upgrades work - now they are instant, and free.
10) Added proper stats to undead's Demon Gate units (although they still don't have their proper spells and stuff)
11) Changed the Undead vampire triggers.
12) Fixed a minor bug, related to Andr'ala - her ranged attacks on doors and items were spawning no arrows.
13) Fixed bug, which was preventing Player 1 from getting meteorite shield.
14) Fixed bug - assassins weren't getting promoted upon dealing enough damage.

Vesrsion 0.1.4:
1) Made creeps stronger (since units and heroes are also stronger)
2) Changed the way starfire works, and fixed a bug related to it
3) Added a skill "Guardian Circle" to priests
4) Increased max upgrade level for the priests
5) Added a skill "Magic Link" to Dragonhawk Riders (which requires a research)
6) Further changed (improved) the sliding library (which allowed me to add one skill)
7) Andr'Ala can now use orbs properly
8) Added sorceresses, which have one custom skill (the one I updated the sliding library for)
9) Added a buff skill to the Spell Weavers
10) Re-balanced units
11) Improved some triggers (stopped using ReplaceUnitBJ)
12) Added/Improved describtions of the buildings and the heroes
13) Fixed a major bug, which was quite obvious, but I hadn't noticed (couldn't train Night Elf Workers until you get a Capital)

Vesrsion 0.1.3:
1) Added 4-th Hero "Andr'ala"
2) Fixed minor bug (that appears only in test mode)
3) Rescaled the mana cost of Vengeful spirit's abilities. They cost the same mana maxed, but less at lower levels.
4) Some other minor changes / fixes / tweaks.

Vesrsion 0.1.2A:
1) Added a lightning effect to Death Pull.
2) Improved my sliding library (doesn't really impact the game)
3) Fixed a bug - the Moon wells were turning normal in midnight.
4) Started pre-loading Death Wave's dummy wave spells to remove the lag when it's cast for 1-st time on the map.

B)
1) Fixed a major issue (which I hadn't noticed till now) - all the players were in team 1...
2) Changed Death Pull's name to Death Grip
3) Changed the last trigger, which was using GUI group (which is leaking) to be 100% JASS (and leak free)
4) Started Pre-loading all the dummy spells to prevent lag.
5) Made the units' progress visible only for the owner of the unit.

C)
1) Updated the Multishot to its latest version.
2) Fixed a bug in a system, that's not YET used on the map (but is quite complex)
3) Did some preperations for adding a new hero (imported its model, added basic functionality (still not added to the trainable hero list, and still has only 1 skill)

Vesrsion 0.1.1.1:
1) Made the arena challange happen only if both heroes (challanger and challanged) are alive when the Arena event runs.
2) Reduced Hero cost (couldn't make 1-st hero cost only food, so I just reduced the cost for all heroes).
3) Increased Death Pact cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds.

Vesrsion 0.1.1:
1) Changed the model of the Elite Ancient Protector to a model, that's turning towards its target when shooting.
2) Changed the Keeper of the Grove's 3-rd spell (Nature's Guardian) - now it has a constant 20 (25)% chance to happen, and it returns damage, based on the Keeper's Intelligence, it's not based on the damage taken anymore.
3) Made the Arena functional - now 1 of the items is used to challange an oponent hero to a duel.
The winner gets gold and lumber, and is automatically teleported to the next treasure area.
4) Made test mode give 5000 gold and 3500 lumber, instead of 3500 gold and 5000 lumber.

Version 0.1:
Initial release!

Attachments

• New Era BETA v0,2,0,2.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
more creeps
more creeps

I played as Elves.

Vengeance has too many high mana spells. One cast and she's out of mana.

Meteors are interesting but what is really the point? Does it make the game more fun?

Also, same question with the race. Nightelves + Highelves? Ok, I get it but what is cool about that? Nice little story I guess.

Death Pull is just meat hook with no animation. Why not use some lightning?

Overall, it's very high quality though. I like the houses for building units. I like the build animations. There are a lot of altered melee maps out there. You should do something to make yours stand out. It's fairly good quality but without some snazz, no one will really sink there teeth into it. Try to think of something to the game play. Something to make it more dynamic. I like the teleports, that has some interesting possibilities. It needs to pop though. What else can you do?

I guess 2 player would be better too with arenas and all, but I had no enemy playing 1 player. You should at least add a default race to battle 1 player. I ran everywhere trying to find some creeps to try out my spells. Took me 10 minutes just to cast death pull.

Level 12
Okay, thanks for the feedback :)
I'll do what I can about it.
But I must admit that it's quite hard doing everything myself.
And this sunday I'll get on a ship, and have no internet for 4 months, so I wouldn't be able to update it during that time (which doesn't mean I wouldn't be able to work on it).
However, I may not be able to cover all of your points till the end of this week xP

Level 12
I will work there. It's a cargo ship, so no pleasure :D
And.. it seems I will have 1 more week until then xP

Meanwhile - I did a little update (you can see the change log in the original post).
I must agree that Death Pull looks better like this :D

Level 12
Hmm, I noticed 2 bugs myself, but I couldn't reproduce 1 of them, while the other one can happen only during test mode (so I haven't really bothered fixing it ~it will take literally 3 rows of code to fix it~).
The bug I couldn't reproduce was: The 1-st 2 teleporters I built didn't have their indicators above them (1 and 2), but the 3-rd one had it.
I wasn't really bug testing when I noticed this bug, so didn't test what happens when I kill one of the numberless teleporters.
And later, when I tried to get this bug again - it just didn't want to happen.

So I'll leave it like it is for now... I'm getting on the ship soon enough to not be able to update anything anymore.

Level 12
I uploaded version 0.2! You can see the change log in the original post.
I kind a think it's a bit pre-mature update, but kind a wanted to "backup" my map here + you could see how the map's been developing, and check out my idea(s) for the undead (their special unit + the demon gate), since now they seem to work properly (although they have no describtions, and the units still don't have their skills, which are the thing that will make them diverse).

Anyways.. here are my plans for the future:
1) Spawn proper creeps with the respawnable creep system (instead of groups of units).
2) Improve map's performance, by initially disabling skill triggers, and only enabling them if a player chooses a specific hero.
3) Improve few more triggers.
4) Add undead's heroes to their altar
5) Work on the undead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.