• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need someone to improve my terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am creating a tower defense map, gravedigger TD. Many people have commented on how my terraining isn't very good. I have the terrain all setup, but I need an experienced terrainer to improve the look of the terrain (while keeping the same pathing).

Level 25
Too bad I am not too much of a Tower Defense fan. Sometimes well detailed terrain makes players FPS (Frames Per Second) lag and that is a major turn off for more than half of the community of gamers.
If the terrain isn't good, work around it and make it as balanced as possible and add some extra fun creative factors that no other TD has, kinda like Blizzard Entertainment's Haloween TD.
~Craka_J

Level 9
Yeah, I could help with your terraining. I've created a few TD's in my time.
Btw, I might review your triggers...
(just to make sure there are no leaks)

Level 25
[Handy Tip]:
When terraining a Tower-Defense map, it is best to give it good terrain, but to be sure not to spam an area with doodads too much. It can sometimes cause 'leaks' for those who run Warcraft III on low budget computers. So basicly what you should do is keep the terrain simple, but make it impressive at the same time. If you're not good at all or have no confidence what-so-ever with doodad placement, then the least you could do is use a well planned mix of tile variations. Using one-three tiles in the entire map is never enough!
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.