• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some technical advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Right now i am running, well was running an intel A82443-001 proccessor cooling fan and it died is there a fan i can replace this with and keep all my settings the same such as board and the dimensions (95mm x 68mm x 60 mm) my fan and heat sink will still fit! i need something much easier to get my hands on. please reply with any pertinent info and or questions and if you have any other systems requirement questions i run a 9200 Raedeon graphics a pretty much standard ethernet card 1 gig of ram 2 LED green lit fans DVD Rom CD-R drive standard floppy and im not sure what the motherboard is. http://www.cwc-group.com/a82443.html this is the fan i was running until a blade broke. Wish to upgrade!

Level 34
Be sure to read up on what you buy, and don't use NewEggs user comments, find the product on a reviewing site.

@Brad: were you as pumped as me when NewEgg opened in Canada? : )

Level 34
Is it? I haven't compared. NewEgg for the US is awesome. I guess the price raise for Canada negates that.

Level 15
At least in the USA, Newegg is noticeably cheaper than Tigerdirect 9 times out of 10. It seems Tiger is the place to shop in Canada. :smile:

Level 15
The score is $204 at Tigerdirect and $189 at Newegg for a Core 2 E8500 here. Looks like the difference is more pronounced.

As for the original post: That's a socket 478 cooler. Check newegg.com for a replacement, and make sure it is compatible with socket 478 (Intel Pentium 4).

Level 5
Ok so 478 is the socket i have been looking at fans however it seems for me to put in a new fan id have to change the way it mounts to the MB how do i go about that?? do most fans come with a way to mount it or do i have to do something special?? I talked to my grandmothers computer tech and he said just make sure its an 80mm... any comments??

Status
Not open for further replies.