• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well, I need some ideas and I got a question.:grin:

First off... I got this big blank space in the middle of my city (first pic) and I can't think of anything relevant to put in there. It's just a big blank spot behind a barricade in the middle of a city under siege (second pic). Any ideas?

Second... is there an easy way to transition between atmospheres? I have the players go from an outside, bright place to a dark, cluttered forest, and at the moment, the transition from the bright atmosphere to the dark atmosphere is a sudden change and makes no sense.:hohum:

Attachments

• city1.jpg
    city1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 102
  • city2.jpg
    city2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 105
Level 13
You should probably just experiment with putting anything you think at all maybe has a chance at having the possibility of going there.

To me it looks fine because that looks like a walk way but w/e.

Level 9
Better watch out with the fires, they look ugly and abit of.. nooby unless its used in a very good way (i experienced alot of maps with an overdose of fire doods, thats why).

Doesnt look to bad, it could use some more doodads like snowy trees for example

Level 4
Thanks for the hints. I took out the big fires and left only the smaller ones. Also added a few patches of trees here and there amongst the city.

Level 4
Actually I planned to have it as a small town but then it just kept getting bigger. So it's halfway between a city and a town. I plan to make it two times as big but I haven't gotten there yet.

As for environmental objects outside the city, at the bottom of the screeen is actually the outside wall of the city, so what you can see is just a trench of sorts. Also as for using different tilesets I tried to vary it slightly but I have to keep to the theme that there's a blizzard and everything is covered in snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.