• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] need some help with some custom spells .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey guys

need some help for making 2 spells :

1. a spell like some shadow bolt that deals damage based on "hero's Intelligence"
2. a spell like essence aura that has chance to gain mana after casting a spell ......

tnx in advance .....
offtopic: version 2 of my map released !!! :goblin_good_job:

Level 10
are these abilities from dota? Because essence aura is similar, to outworld destroyer.

Anyway, your shadow bolt, if it's a missle will need a missle system, to detect when the dummy missle hits the target to deal the damage based on intelligence

Just and example of one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rev=search=Missle%20System&r=20&d=list&page=2

EDIT: but do give a better description please, so we know exactly what you want

Level 30
No. 1, configure your spell and also its missile then make a trigger about it. For the damage you can do this part:

• Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
but I should warn you that the damage will be late because your spell is a missile type and it will ignore if your missile has already hitted the enmy or not.

Level 3
defskull : sry for that ... essence aura is spell of "Destroyer" from DotA map. and shadow bolt is like a missile spell that deals dmg ... got that ?

Cromox : yes, essence aura is from DotA and im stuck in how it buff's work but shadow bolt isn't form DotA (i think ...), and for a better description : i want a missile spell that deals damage after it hitted the target based on casting hero's intelligence .

Hellmaster : and thats my problem :)

Almia : so i must make a custom buff for it ???

Tnx ALL

Edit : oh and i want that missile spell to be autocast :)

Level 30
defskull : sry for that ... essence aura is spell of "Destroyer" from DotA map. and shadow bolt is like a missile spell that deals dmg ... got that ?

Cromox : yes, essence aura is from DotA and im stuck in how it buff's work but shadow bolt isn't form DotA (i think ...), and for a better description : i want a missile spell that deals damage after it hitted the target based on casting hero's intelligence .

Hellmaster : and thats my problem :)

Almia : so i must make a custom buff for it ???

Tnx ALL

Maybe create a waiting time for it but it will maybe requires you to be careful..... or either remove the spell's missile and do it also in the trigger itself together with the damage.

Level 3
ok ... Essence aura spell is done.

lets think about missile spell ..... what if i make an instant dmg spell instead of missile spell ??? that will dmg the target instantly like shadowraze of SF from DotA ....

Level 20
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Essence Aura) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 40
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + 25.00)%
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
  • [/stable]

Level 7
If you want a missile, and you want the damage to happen when the missile hits, then you're going to have to custom code the missile. If all you care about is the intelligence damage, then you could make it instant, and simply cause damage and a special effect. I'm actually not sure how to make it auto cast to be perfectly honest. Maybe base it off of an existing auto cast ability (such as slow), and have a dummy buff with an extremely short duration such has .01 seconds. However, I've never tried this, and it may not cause the caster to continuously cast at the same target.

Level 10
Or you just use an ability like Storm Bolt or shadow strike (if you want instant hit), and make it so it has no missle. I suggest using shadow strike with no missle, no slow, no damage, this is because storm bolt, if you set it to 0 stun it will stun forever.

If you want an effect, change Art - Target Effect or trigger it.

The reason you set the damage to 0 for shadow strike, is because you just triggger all the damage.

Level 30
Try this trigger for the Shadow Bolt:

• Shadow Bolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Bolt
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
Just to note, make an ability based on Storm Bolt for the Shadow Bolt then set its Duration Hero and Normal to 0.01 to avoid stuns.... 0.00 will make stun so permanent so it is not advised. Change the damages to 0 and let the trigger handle it and lastly the missile you want.

Test map also availabe below!:thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Test - Shadow Bolt spell.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.