• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some help and clearing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright... I need someone to clear this up for me. What I'm trying to do is edit out the weapons on some models. What I did was open up the tga in PS CS2 and edit out the weapon (blademaster) then I saved it as a blp and imported it into WE. My unit (blademaster) came out invisable when I placed him into my map. What am I doing wrong? I'm kinda confused with skins/models. What exactly do I need to do? Edit the model or am I editing a skin? Help greatly appreciated!

Level 45
u probably didnt save the apha channel right. have u checked the tutorials and stickies? and even other posts? id fix the prob for u myself but i cant due to my psp8 wrecks and tears the tga for soem reason. or its either due to the fact i dont have a mpq and im using orginal wc3 models someone gave me.
but yeah. iv heard of your prob. i think there is a solution somewhere in skins section.

Level 2
I pretty much figured it out, thanks to oinkerwinkle's tutorials. Great stuff. 2 problems that I am still having however is when I take off the blade from the blademaster he still has a hero glow for the sword. Boo!!! lol I think I might be able to figure that out tho, its on oinkerwinkles site. To make it easier tho, does anyone who the geoset for the glow? Also, when I fooled around with unarmed bandit and made that skin on the blademaster I loaed the map and it worked however in the little box on the bottom where it shows the character's face or whatever it didnt show up and it was like flashing lights. Wierd. Anyone know what thats all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.