• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need som help again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yes, It's me and I need help (again) XD

Lets say I have a mechanical unit. And this unit can carry cargo, load and unload units. Now, When I pause the unit I need want the units inside it to come out, rigth before the units pauses that is.

Or is it another way to stop the mechanical unit from moving when ordered to go somwhere

Thx

~Operator

Level 18

Lets say I have a mechanical unit. And this unit can carry cargo, load and unload units. Now, When I pause the unit I need want the units inside it to come out, rigth before the units pauses that is.

Or is it another way to stop the mechanical unit from moving when ordered to go somwhere

Thx

~Operator

maybe create one dummy-type cargo unit and another that is visible, have them both start at the exact same position and then have the dummy move to where you want them to get out, but the other to keep moving the rest of the way. but this would only work efficiently for a cinematic, which that's what it sounds like you want it for.

Level 7
Well... You could give the car an inventory and create a Key Item. And then you set the normal speed of the car to 0 and make a trigger that if a car have a key, then set his movement speed to 300 (Or something else) and then when he unload the driver, you could give an order to the car to give the key to the driver unit... But I don't know if it's possible,,,

Level 15
don't think you get it. When the car runs out of fuel I wan't it to stop completly. And then when the car gets fuel again, he will move. Now, I could just pause the car, but when there's a unit inside it,he won't have a chance to get out. That's why I need snother way to make the car stand still when ordered to go somewhere, Unitll he gets fuel that is

Level 3
just use a boolean called fuel.

Then jsut have a trigger running every second:

Pick every unit of (type of car)
If fuel=true then set movement speed of picked unit = (whatever speed)
else set movement speed of picked unit = (0)

Level 2
just use a boolean called fuel.

Then jsut have a trigger running every second:

Pick every unit of (type of car)
If fuel=true then set movement speed of picked unit = (whatever speed)
else set movement speed of picked unit = (0)

Use custom values? then it'll be MUI
for example. when the car should stop set it's custom value to 0
and when it shall move again, set it to 1

Level 27

Thx

~Operator

Ehm ? this is simple isnt it ?

Just create it like this

-Actions-

Order (thingy) to unload (creatures) at place (bla)
Pause the (thingy)

-End-

I mean you can command the unit to unload everything and then u just paste the trigger pause beneath it or else just do it like this =/ ?

-Actions-

Order (thingy) to unload (creatures) at place (bla)
Wait (0,10) seconds
Pause the (thingy)

-End-

So you will give him some little time to unload the cargo? ... did this help?

--EDIT--

- Option 1 -

And when u try to permanently STOP a unit so he cant move just reduce his moving speed to zero by creating a unit with the original speed the '(thingy)' has and a units that has 0 walking speed and then just replace the walking speeds with the speed of these units ( offcourse you should place them somewhere u cant use variables for them... (can you?))

- Option 2 -

Create this trigger and turn it on and off when u need it and when u dont..

-Events-
Every 0.01 second(s) of game time
-Conditions-
-Actions-
Order (thingy) to stop

-End-

Last edited:
Try this

Use mana fore fuel you can use a boolean to control how much fuel it has: [event]Every [time ammont]
[actions] Pick all units in playable map area and do Actions:
then use a if/the/else statement.
If picked unit is equal to [car name]
then actions: use another if/then/else and do:
if unit is moving equal to true do set mana of picked unit to mana of picked unit - 1
else do nothing

Event:
unit is issued an action targetting a point
Cnditions:
If unit type of triggering unit equal to [name]
If mana of triggering unit is equal to 0
Actions:
Unit - Order triggering unit to hold position.
Game display message [Your car is out of fuel] to owner of triggering unit]

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.