• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need skilled terrainer for serious project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I need a terrainer for an AoS which I can trigger by myself.
But I am not that good with terrain, I don't have an eye for such details
and where to place them.
The terrainer however, must be good at it. Therefor I require that you show me
some of your work. Just to make sure you are a skilled terrainer.

The tileset will be sunken ruins with a bit of ashenvale in it to make some swamps/jungles
in the sides of the map. I will tell you the details if you are joining me. :)

At the moment I have done a knock back system and I have found a damage detection
system. Some spells have also been made, if you don't think I know how to trigger
check out the spell section and you'll see what I am capable of.

Level 3
Insufficient information.

1.) What size is the map?
2.) How many players are there?
3.) How many lanes do you need?
4.) Does visibility for the units matter or can people go nuts with the doodads?

Theres several other questions, but these are just some I can think of.

I'll help you with the terrain (Only because i'm trying to give my other 3 map projects a break) but I need more information.

I'm sure I could rank in the top 20 terrain makers on THW, only because making terrain really isn't that difficult. If you want your terrain to be unique, you would need several people to add in "thier finishing touch" to the map which would stand out and say to the players "Whoa! That looks different!"

You mentioned sunken temple base terrain layout, with some ashenvale in it... Do you want a weather event that places snow on the ground over time during gameplay? It may seem wierd, but a weather effect like that is nice.

How about destructable bridges? Are there going to be any where the enemy team can limit your passage or even stop you from running? Getting off topic I know...

Let me know if you want me to help. In which case i'll make a 32x32 preview for you to quiz my terrain skills on. :ag:

Status
Not open for further replies.