• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need more spaceship/space station/spacejunk for project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well.. Ill make this short & simple, as your probably only going to take about 15 seconds to look this over and then forget what I typed.

We need more spaceship style units. there are very few, and its sad, because we recently got all these awesome plant models, but I look into the model files; and theres virtually nothing to work with.

-10 spaceships (including ones with no anims)
-nothing that can be used as space doodads (other than the planets) and no destructibles
-no space buildings (I.E, space stations, space junk)
-no skin for space terrain (I.E, abyss with stars cnped to it)

If anyone of the skilled modelers on this website has time, it would be really great if someone could make more space units, it would be perfect for my upcoming map project

Lol, I guess that wasnt so short after all.. my bad.

-Blade

Level 5
I dont think there are alota spaceship models anywase because, maps needing them needa be totally transformed to make them look properlly in their envirment.
like you said, the star tile, im sure someones made that before... ..there should be a place where people submit their own skinned tiles no?
anywase yeah... i dunno, im kidnas just posteing to get your post up to the topa the list agne, lol
Uhhh... ..good luck with all that, what kidna map/mod or whatever are ya working on *hint* ya make it sound intresting maybe someone'll help the cause.

Level 2
Well, your right, I have seen a star tile used in a game once, I think it was a 'parasite' game.. but I dont think its posted on this site..

My project is sort of an RPG in space, with planets representing various factions, allowing you to choose a faction and then do quests for it, with various objectives and (hopefully) addictive gameplay.

Unfortunatly, I cant start this unless more space models are posted, and since I cant model, im dead in the water unless someone else can help.

-Blade

Level 13
the only ships are starcraft ones, but im not complaining cuz i can use SC stuff for any space game.

Level 2
first off, how can i make a map thats based IN SPACE without space models?? If it is in SPACE it needs to all be 1 terrain type! essentially, all I can do at this point is create a tileset thats all abyss until someone creates more models and skins!

Level 2
Yes, the abyss terrain in outland works for that, but I was really hoping that someone may have made the 'star tile' from SC. If not, I could always try, but I really am only good at making maps, not skinning.

Although, compared to the other needs of my project, that is kinda trivial.

If anyone has any spare time at all, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Level 2
sorry, but I cant use it, because my idea is for the entire rpg to be with spaceships, with planets and space stations as shops. I would usually use something as cool as that, but it has nowere to go in my map :(

PS thats the basic idea, but its more detailed than that, I assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.