• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need income system for my TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, I've just added barracks to my TD with purchasable units for each player in the game. Each player is going to be able to send "income units" per round to whichever certain team they wish, which help the creeps try and kill that certain team. I already have all the income areas set up where the income units will be held until the round starts (it's RIGHT BEHIND the creep spawning hill). I just need someone to actually add the triggers in for me which will summon the units once the next round starts (I already added triggers to make the units teleport to the income spawn areas), and when round starts, give income to the players and send the units to the creep spawning area. Sorry if this sounds complicated, I could explain it a lot better VIA MSN or Skype if needed.

Thanks in advance,
~Lebsoljah

Attachments

• Navy Cross TD V1.40 - Editors Version.w3x
    2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 4
You have much more complicated systems in there .. an income system should be easy for you.

Actually, Ap0calypse was the one who made most of those triggers for me (you'd have noticed that if you read the changelogs or comments in the triggers section). But at the end of the day, I still need help, so what is the point of you saying "an income systen should be easy for you."? How does this help me in any way...

Level 8
Sigh. To make an income system you'll need:

An income array, which is an integer array the size of however many players there are.

A loop: which periodically adds the "Income[Player number of(Triggering Player)]" to every player's gold

And you will need a trigger to add income. For example, when a player hires a unit, and the unit type is bandit, add 1 to Income[Player number of ( triggering player)]

Look up some tutorials if you need more help, but that is all the components that you will be needing.

Status
Not open for further replies.