• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need income system for my TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, I've just added barracks to my TD which I plan on adding purchasable units to for each player in the game. Each player is going to be able to send "income units" per round to whichever certain team they wish, which help the creeps try and kill that certain team. For example, each team has 6 barracks in total, 3 for each player within a team (1 barrack sending to team 2, 1 barrack sending to team 3, 1 barrack sending to team 4). I already have all the income areas set up where the income units will be held until the round starts (it's RIGHT BEHIND the creep spawning hill), I just need someone to actually add the triggers in for me which will make the units teleport to the income area of that certain team, and when round starts give them income and send them to the creep spawning area. Sorry if this sounds complicated, I could explain it a lot better VIA MSN or Skype.

Level 4
Alright,for this are you saying you want the units they spawn to teleport to the spawn hill (income hill) and after a certain timer goes off they are sent to the enemy base?

Ok, I already have the triggers set up to spawn the creeps at the income area, but I just need someone to add an actual income system (gives certain amount of gold each time you send an income unit) and for them to get sent to the spawning hill (where creeps spawn) once the round starts (there's a timer which starts the round every 75 seconds). I attached the map file so that you could have a look at it if you could possibly help.

Attachments

• Navy Cross TD V1.40 - Editors Version.w3x
    2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 6
[Step 1]
Create an Integer Called Income, make it an array of 12.

[Step 2]
For each unit that you can hire/purchase change their point value to the the increment that you want your income to go up by.

[Step 3]
Set up a new trigger. The Trigger should activate when a player purchases a unit then add that unit's point value to Income(Player number of owner of triggering unit)

[Step 4]
Set up another trigger. This trigger should fire every 15 seconds (or whatever other time you want it to be). Set up A Do Loop for Integer A that adds an amount of gold equal to Income(Integer A) to players gold(Player number(Integer A)).

I would go into greater detail but my daughter needs a diaper change and feeding. Sorry. I have a map with a cool income system if you want to cannibalize it. It updates your gold in real time and with a little tweaking for your map it might be fun to try out. It didn't take me that long and frankly it's not a system i'm interested in using...i was just bored one day. I'll see if I can find it and upload it.

Status
Not open for further replies.