• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need Ideas for Crusader spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Skill 1: Targetted ability.
Divine Shackles:
Calls down a pillar of light on a target enemy unit. The enemy is rooted in place and immune for 10 seconds. All enemy units standing near the pillar are damaged over time. All friendly units standing near the pillar are healed over time. After 10 seconds, the enemy unit is filled with the power of light. It will fight for the Crusader for 60 seconds, then die from exhaustion as the light leaves him. Cannot be cast on heroes.

Skill 2: No-Target ability.
Radiance:
Upon casting, the Crusader is engulfed in a shield of holy fire. His movement speed is halved, but all enemy units standing near him suffer high fire damage every second. Lasts 15 seconds.

Skill 3: Passive.
Blazing Glory:
Passivly increases the Crusader's attack and movement rate by 10/20/30%. For every kill the Crusader makes, he has a 15/30/45% chance to heal all nearby friendly units for 250 HP.

Skill 4: Ultimate
Transfers the Crusader's soul into the body of an Archangel. This banishes his normal body, and creates a lifeline (Syphon mana graphic) between the Archangel and the Crusader's body. The Archangel is immensely powerful, and can cast Holy Light and Resurrection. Should the Archangel die before the timer ends, then the Crusader suffers 50% HP damage. Should the Crusader's banished body drop below 15% HP, then the ability is cancelled.
Lasts 45 seconds. Cannot be cast when at or below 15% HP.

EDIT
Just realized you posted this in the wrong forum. :)
Try the "Idea Factory" sub-forum of Map Development, you'll get more feedback there.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yes, i was gonna tell you that this is the wrong forum for this thread too >< but here's my idea anyways.

Prayer: The crusader becomes immobile and is given an attack that strikes a random enemy hero anywhere on the map (100dmg every 2 seconds or something) while giving nearby ally's +2 armor and +2hp/sec regeneration while debuffing nearby enemies with -2 armor and -2hp/sec regeneration (buff/debuff in 800 range) Duration: 5 seconds (duration and aura radius goes up with level)

Resolute Faith: The crusader summons a shield of faith to protect him (mana shield) that's absorbtion is 1-10 points damage per point of mana where the absorbtion value is inversely related to the % of maximum mana so a short table would look like this:
100% mana = 1 dmg / 1 mana
50% mana = 5 dmg / 1 mana
25% mana = 7.5 dmg / 1 mana
(Careful, the values i gave the ability would make it unbalanced :p)

Divine Intervention (Ultimate?): A beam of holy light strikes the crusader and fills him with holy purpose, every unit except the crusader in the area is healed for 50hp if friendly or hit for 50hp if an enemy and ALL units (not crusader, but other heroes) recieve this Buff, God's True Face Revealed: This units eyes have been burned out by seeing the face of God and has a 50% chance to miss, reduced to 5% after two minutes (slowly fading) and then it's permenantly at 5% miss chance. (maybe divine intervention could work on every unit on the entire map! o_O)

I'm adding another normal ability so i feel like i'm matching up to GreyArchon ;)
Pure Purpose: The crusader has the following passive chances on every hit:
2.5% chance to convert an enemy non-hero/non-mechanical/non-structure unit on every hit (the one you're attacking)
2.5% chance to AOE buff friendly units with a +2 armor +5 damage inner fire in a 750 area
2.5% chance to heal self for 500hp
2.5% chance to ressurect 1 nearby fallen friendly unit
2.5% chance to smite foe for an additional 250dmg

Last edited:
Level 4
If you read GreyArchon's edit and the very first line of my post then you'll see that we know- but if the thread just needs to be moved then what's the point of not sharing our ideas until then?

Last edited:
Level 12
If you read GreyArchon's edit and the very first line of my post then you'll see that we know- but if the thread is just needs to be moved then what's the point of not sharing our ideas until then?

By all means, continue sharing your ideas.

In the wrong forum.

Level 5
I can only come up with ideas for Ultimates right now. Hmm. Choose one you like.

Charge of Angels- Summons (number between 2-5) angels to attack random enemies in an 800 AoE. Each angel does 240 damage. Units can take a maximum of 5 hits from this spell. Each angel attacks only once.

Radiance Aura- When the Paladin is attacked, he sends out a pulse of light that damages 4 enemies with a chain spell for (number between 20-40) damage.

1. the 1st spell is done by creating a dummy unit, ordering it to cast a storm bolt whose missile art has been cancelled and whose target art has been changed into Resurrection art (the storm bolt is cast on a random unit matching the conditions: Unit is alive, Unit belongs to ally of owner of casting unit is equal to false.), then the spell is looped a number of times equal to the level of the ability.

2. The second skill is done by creating a dummy unit every time the Paladin is attacked, and ordering it to use chain lightning on the attacking unit. The chain lightning's lightning effects have to be changed into Healing Wave because it suits the description of the spell. And the damage shouldn't be too high, since it would be extremely unfair if the Paladin was being assaulted by a legion of units and they were wiped out in seconds because of the high damage chain lightning trigerring every .25 seconds or so.

-- don't forget to add a short expiration timer to remove the dummies after you've created them. Otherwise, the game gets pretty lagged pretty soon.

Level 23
An aura as an ultimate is always a bit "meh" in my opinion. Perhaps it'd be a better idea to make an integer a random number whenever the paladin is attacked.
Set it between 1 and 6 for rank 1 of the spell,
between 1 and 5 for rank 2,
and between 1 and 4 for rank 3.

Then only create the dummy unit if the integer equals 1. That way, the higher the rank, the bigger the chance that the chain spell is activated.

Level 2
Ragnarook - cast the spell on a unit, making it slow 20%, after 3 second, a gigantic sword drop from the sky, damaging and stunning the area around that target. The sword instantly destroy target if it is a creep.

Life bolt - Sacrifice a portion of life to deal an amount of damage that is health sacrificed multiply X. The damage is randomly deal to units around him 400 AoE.

Holy awe - the crusader radiate an aura that stun nearby units for 0.75 second and 75 damage each 6 to 8 seconds

[Edit by Wolve]

Zahnteka: Remember to use the "Edit Post" feature to include additional information, rather than posting several times in a row. Thanks.

edit.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 23
Hmmm...

Whats your game like? Maybe something that influences it's mechanics would be cool.
For example, if your map was anything like DotA:

"Burden of Vice."
"The burden of one's evils lays extra heavily on the target enemy hero's shoulders. Decreases attack damage and armor by 5/10/15 percent. Should the enemy hero die while burdened, it will take 15/30/45 seconds longer before he's respawned."

Level 5
I prefer Archon's skills, but I fail to see the use of the Avatar of Light ability in a DotA type map. Still, to each his own, I always say. Anyway, I think the Paladin should have a mass supportive/sacrificial ability as an ultimate. hmm. Let's say an ability that causes the Paladin to triple its max hp, but continuously lose 25 hp per second as long as it is active, and any unit that was near the paladin when the spell was cast causes it to get spirit linked, with the Paladin. The link makes the paladin take the full blow of any damage dealt to the affected units, leaving them with no damage.

Of course, you may have to adjust it to work well with the map: channeling so it would last as long as you have life, activateable, like immolation, so you can use it when you need it the most and turn it off when done, etc. then youll need to edit the life cost per second. too low, and the Paladin becomes too powerful. too high, it becomes too easy a target.

Then you can add immolation effects to deter melee attackers while the spell is going on.

Level 36
I hate the idea that a priest or crusader could heal. It's just plain unrealistic. Clerics and medics heal you -_-

Here are my spells:

Redemption:
Removes all harmful buffs from an allied unit or all beneficial buffs from an enemy unit. Will also drain X mana from enemies.

Pacify:
Stops the target unit from attacking or being attacked for X seconds on a normal unit or Y seconds on a hero. The target unit cannot regenerate hp/mana while pacified.

Righteous Fury:
Goes into a bloodrage "in the name of God", increasing attack speed by a percentage, granting slight splash damage, and Deep Wounds effect that causes targets to bleed for a percentage of the damage taken over X seconds.

Ultimate: Radiance
Shoots out light in a star pattern (like an asterisk *) from the caster, nuking everyone around them for X damage, stunning for Y seconds and doing an extra Z damage to unholy creatures.

By all means, continue sharing your ideas.

In the wrong forum.

You fail at sarcasm.

Level 5
Re

I doubt that crusaders should heal either. I say they're hard boulders that take the blows for their allies, and still stand tall after the bashing. I never suggested a healing spell in this forum, did I? :p

Last edited:
Level 5
So in your opinion, is this supportive skill for a cleric, or 'sader?

Brand of Destiny -- While under the effects of Brand of Destiny, the crusader/cleric will automatically resurrect allies that die within a 400 AoE. Each resurrection costs as much hp as 10% of the resurrected unit's max hp, and the crusader/cleric may die due to consumption of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.