• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need ideas for a hero's spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Me and a few other people are working on a map currently, but we have one hero which we cant decide on the spells for.

The map is themed around Legend of Dragoon, and it's an AoS. All abilities have 4 levels(including ults), max level is 16, lv requirements for ult is 4/8/12/16.

The hero is Freugal(the warden of Helena Prison in the game), and I need a few more abilities.

His first two abilities are summons. One is a quillboar, one is a hawk. Both are ranged with normal armor, the hawk has more armor and the boar has more hp(meaning spells work better on the hawk, physical attacks better on the boar), both are piercing attacks(neither are flying, and the bird, since it's a rooster sort of thing, doesnt hover like you might think it would, to prevent harrassing ala DotAs old conjurer).

Both will have special abilities. The boar will have nothing at lv 1, at lv 2 will have Frenzy, at lv 3 will get a better frenzy, and at lv 4 will get berserk(increased damage decreased armor).

The bird will get nothing at lv 1, Blink at lv 2, Shadowstrike at lv 3 and a better shadowstrike at 4.

The hero isnt a caster. Actually hes a high hp low mana tank(im thinking double STR to INT rate), the summons are designed to be rather fragile and meant for extra damage, but hes the tank, the summons are too flimsy to tank(otherwise hed be overpowered).

So, he needs a third non ulti spell(im thinking some sort of nuke or another non-passive attack spell), and his ulti. If possible I would like one of them to have something to do with his summons to make it better(like does more damage if both his summons are out or based on how much hp they have left).

The boar is named Guftas and the bird is named Rodriguez.

So, any ideas?

Level 2
I was thinking you could put a passive skill or something since he's a low mana STR hero but then again Eusira is a a lot more experienced than I am with spells so I think I'll just keep quiet...

Level 11
Try the SPELLS download section. You can find a lot of good spells there and perhaps you'll find something you need. Of course, if you don't need something UNIQUE for your map. But believe me, if you are not that ambitious, you can just use spells other people made. Good luck and have fun!

~Daelin

Level 2
Yeah, but I do want his ulti to be relatively original.

His third skill I might do that for though, thanks.

Any ideas for an ulti?

Level 10
quaenyin, we don't need to take toehr peoples spells. Maybe play faust again and check out the abilities he uses. Still, at this point, i don't suggest we use summons for 2 of his abilities. Why not make something where he can mount his summoned unit and become stronger or something like that. Make the other summon a passive. Since he's big, and he has a sword, why not have some sort of killer attack, like decapitate or something where he takes one swipe and deals 100-150-200-250 damage and has a 5-10-25-20% chance of decapitating the unit (not aplicable to heroes) and he deals (current str + bonus) extra daamge to all units as a bonus.

For his ultimate, i'm say something to boost his power. Like an ability called all or nothing. It reduces armor by 5-10-15-20 and increases attack by 50-75-100-125 for 3-5-7-9 seconds. He can't cancel it so you havre to be careful when using. This allows for up to 2200 damage or so with all 11 hits made. This ain't too bad and since he has high life, combined with a stun this is a killer attack. myabe with this, give him a passive which makes him have a % chance to actually crush his foes (the guy will be stuck into the ground for a few seconds (like the net ability). This would allow a few seconds for his combo to take effect.

Just some suggestions.

Level 2
Hmm, that might be interesting.

In the game he doesnt have many flashy attacks, he just has the two pets and a rock throw type thing.

Level 2
Ok, go ahead.

I think hes gonna be a lot of micro though, heh.

Keep the summons though. They should work real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.