• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is any of these spells could be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I plan on making a map, & i already have some concept about the heroes spell. what do you think about the spell and the heroes?

1. Ranger:
  2. Double shot/double strife (right click to autocast)
    Shoot 2 arrows at one enemy, 2x original damage.
  3. Trueshot
    Shoot directly to an enemey, damage depends on range and agility of the ranger.
  4. Cork Screw Arrow (passive skill)
    Make avery shot of ranger's arrow become cork screw, reduceenemy's armor for a period.
  5. Shade of Artemis
    The ranger got blessed from Artemis, make her movement speed, attack speed is doubled, and 10% of her attack will become trueshot.
  1. Banshee:
  2. Scream
    Scream out to the area arround the banshee, make all the enemy uncontrolable.
  3. Sonic wave
    Almost the same look with shockwave but sonic wave do minor damage and buffed the opponent silent
  4. Summon wisp
    The wisp can't attack, but in exhange any damage done to banshee, will be taken by her wisp.
  5. Possess
    Posess any living thing for a short period, can be done for hero too. After the time up the banshee reverted ti her original shape.
  1. Paladin:
  2. Holy aura
    Life regen aura + devotion aura
  3. Revive
    Bring any mortal unit arround paladin to life
    lv 1 revive 1 unit with half hp
    lv 2 revive 2 units with half hp
    lv 3 revive 3 units with half hp
    lv 4 revive 3 units with 3/4 hp
  4. Redemption
    Small area attack, make all enemy/hero unit within the area cannot move or attack, but also cannot be attack for a short period.
  5. Grand Cross
    A big cross show up on land, make all enemy on the cross damaged, later will heal ally.

Level 11
alexis_axel said:
Double shot/double strife (right click to autocast)
Shoot 2 arrows at one enemy, 2x original damage.

That's doable. I think I even saw it before.

alexis_axel said:
Trueshot
Shoot directly to an enemey, damage depends on range and agility of the ranger.

What's so difficult? You trigger the damage, when the arrow reaches the target. The only problem is checking when the target is damaged.

alexis_axel said:
Cork Screw Arrow (passive skill)
Make avery shot of ranger's arrow become cork screw, reduceenemy's armor for a period.

Use Orb Of Lightning ability and instead of purge use faerie fire.

alexis_axel said:
Shade of Artemis
The ranger got blessed from Artemis, make her movement speed, attack speed is doubled, and 10% of her attack will become trueshot.

Movement/attack speed stuff is simple. And as for the 10% attack will become trushot you will have to check everytime the unit attacks something and the percentage passes and make a dummy unit cast trueshot. Simple as a pie after you have trueshot.

alexis_axel said:
Scream
Scream out to the area arround the banshee, make all the enemy uncontrolable.

There is some confusion/terror abilities around. Check them!

alexis_axel said:
Sonic wave
Almost the same look with shockwave but sonic wave do minor damage and buffed the opponent silent

This is pretty complicated, you have to trigger shockwave by creating a dummy unit and ordering it to move at a target location. Now everytime an enemy unit comes within its range, you can soul burn at it (no damage) and damage the target with the dummy. ;)

alexis_axel said:
Summon wisp
The wisp can't attack, but in exhange any damage done to banshee, will be taken by her wisp.

Doing the damage parting stuff is pretty hard. You need to heal the banshee immediately when it is damaged and in exchange create a dummy unit for the owner of the damage source and order it to damage the wisp. ;)

alexis_axel said:
Possess
Posess any living thing for a short period, can be done for hero too. After the time up the banshee reverted ti her original shape.

You will need to hide the unit and cast a dummy stormbolt with the banshee missile instead of the hammer. Then when it reaches the target you change the ownership of the target. Then when the duration passes, make the banshee reappear and rechange the ownership. Of course, if the unit dies before the duration ends, do the stuff above. You can also try mindworm possession by darky. It's one of his first spells.

alexis_axel said:
Holy aura
Life regen aura + devotion aura

Use spellbook to add the unit both the auras and have a passive. If you need more info don't hesitate to ask. Pretty simple! ;)

alexis_axel said:
Revive
Bring any mortal unit arround paladin to life
lv 1 revive 1 unit with half hp
lv 2 revive 2 units with half hp
lv 3 revive 3 units with half hp
lv 4 revive 3 units with 3/4 hp

To revive the unit you need to create a dummy unit at the position of the dead unit and cast a 0 AoE resurrection which revives a single target. Then of course you need to set the life of the revived unit to half//3/4 of it. ;)

alexis_axel said:
Redemption
Small area attack, make all enemy/hero unit within the area cannot move or attack, but also cannot be attack for a short period.

Well, you can cast a silence which slows/stops atttacks and make the units invulnerable. You will need to play with the constants to allow slow to reach a value of 0.00.

alexis_axel said:
Grand Cross
A big cross show up on land, make all enemy on the cross damaged, later will heal ally.

To create the cross you will need a formula. To damage units, just pick up every unit and damage them. Or give the dummy units created on the ground immolation. To heal allies, give an immolation with negative damage and which works only on allies.

~Daelin

Level 10
looks like we got ourselves an RO fan :wink:

by the way i found out a way to do double strafe, although its not very good. just give the hero a critical ability and order her to attack the target. then create a dummy unit which shoots a dummy arrow.

Level 10
RO is an acronym for Ragnarok Online. a MMORPG. Double Strafe and Grand Cross are skills from RO. :wink:

Level 3
qwerty said:
RO is an acronym for Ragnarok Online. a MMORPG. Double Strafe and Grand Cross are skills from RO. :wink:
Really? I know there's an MMORPG named RO but i never played.
The skill is just pop out of my mind.

daelin said:
How to do it?

daelin said:
What's so difficult? You trigger the damage, when the arrow reaches the target. The only problem is checking when the target is damaged.
I forgot how to use trigger in we.

daelin said:
Done, but the icon is still have some problem.

daelin said:
Movement/attack speed stuff is simple. And as for the 10% attack will become trushot you will have to check everytime the unit attacks something and the percentage passes and make a dummy unit cast trueshot. Simple as a pie after you have trueshot.
I don't understand, how do i create dummy? How do i check and do the percentage?

Level 10
daelin said:
How to do it?
theres a spell in the spell section

daelin said:
I forgot how to use trigger in we.
events-
unit starts effect of ability
conditions-
ability being cast equal to (spell)
actions-
order casting unit to damage target unit of ability being cast

daelin said:
Done, but the icon is still have some problem.
give a dummy icon

daelin said:
I don't understand, how do i create dummy? How do i check and do the percentage?[/quote]
tell us the whole skill (which level does how much damage) and well help you calculate

Level 3
Double Shot:
I found a spell that shoot out 2 projectiles at the enemy. But it isn't a spell it just attack projectiles.
lv1: do 1.25x damage
lv2: do 1.5x damage
lv3: do 1.75x damage
lv4: do 2x damage

TrueShot:
lv1: 7% of range attack + 125% of agility = damage
lv2: 9% of range attack + 150% of agility = damage
lv3: 12% of range attack + 175% of agility = damage
lv4: 15% of range attack + 200% of agility = damage

CorkScrew:
lv1: reduce armor by 2 for 7 seconds
lv2: reduce armor by 3 for 9 seconds
lv3: reduce armor by 4 for 12 seconds
lv4: reduce armor by 4 for 15 seconds

Shade of Artemis:
lv1: 1.5x movement speed & attack speed + 5% of attack become trueshot
lv2: 1.75x movement speed & attack speed + 7% of attack become trueshot
lv3: 2x movement speed & attack speed + 10% of attack become trueshot

That is the explanation about the damage.
And your welcome for the help.

Level 3
New Hero. Comment/ critics needed. And please help me to make it if you can

1. Priest:
  2. Mass Heal
    Area healing to ally unit
  3. Defense Up
    Area effect, make ally unit within area get defense plus
  4. Status Up
    Raise a few status of your ally hero or your hero for a short period
  5. Zero Consequence
    This spell automatically activated if the priest HP is less than or equal to 10% of his original HP. Make all attacks/damage/spell done to the priest become almost zero (around 1-7). Consequently every attack of the priest result 50%-75% of his HP loss.

1. Dark Magician
  2. Dark Magic
    Area magic damage, as the effect except only damage, all units within area become ethereal for a few seconds
  3. Condemn
    Target an enemy unit to be condemned make all attack of the enemy/ally unit aim to him, cannot target hero
  4. Dark Convertion
    Already have this on wc3
  5. Dark Magic Mastery
    Convert all dark magician MP to become his HP, make all spell he cast only cost half, cost take on his HP. Also make the cooldown of his spell become half.

Level 11
Those are pretty simple. Let's take them one by one:

AoE Heal - Just use a Pick up Every Unit which selects only unit allied to the caster and increase those units life.
Defense Up already exists. It is used by a scroll (of protection I think). If you want it for a certain AoE (like flame strike), just use a dummy unit and create it at the center of the AoE and order it to cast the spell.

Status Up - Just add abilities (item once again) which increase the statuses and then use a wait. After the wait remove those abilities.

Zero Consequence once again requires damage absorbtion. You can use Resistant Skin which 99999 reduction but be unable to reduce damage under 4 let's say. As for every attack of the priest, check everytime the priest attacks and damage it.

Dark Magic - Pick up Every enemy units in the area and create a dummy unit for each to cast banish.

Condemn is simple. Pick Up Every Unit stuff and order the units to attack the target. Works like taunt, right?

Dark magic Mystery will require you to replace all the skills with other skills which reduce life instead of mana. And as for mana turned to life, that is pretty complicated. You would need a lot of skills which increase/decrease maximum hit points.

~Daelin

Level 3
Another spell that pop-up my mind, is this possible to be made?

Holy Judgement:
Damage all Enemy unit for 750 HP.
  1. Condition:
  2. Need 3 heroes to cast this spell
  3. All 3 heroes must have different primary attributes
  4. All 3 heroes must have almost the same number for the primary attribute (ex: Str=75, Agi=77, Int=72)
  5. All 3 condition above must be obeyed, if th condition is break, then the spell casted on Ally and Friends

Level 6
alexis_axel said:
Another spell that pop-up my mind, is this possible to be made?

Holy Judgement:
Damage all Enemy unit for 750 HP.
  1. Condition:
  2. Need 3 heroes to cast this spell
  3. All 3 heroes must have different primary attributes
  4. All 3 heroes must have almost the same number for the primary attribute (ex: Str=75, Agi=77, Int=72)
  5. All 3 condition above must be obeyed, if th condition is break, then the spell casted on Ally and Friends

The 3 Heroes you need must to be near, same player, the 3 heroes needs to cast an unique spell... explain better the first condition. :wink:

Level 3
Thanatos said:
The 3 Heroes you need must to be near, same player, the 3 heroes needs to cast an unique spell... explain better the first condition. :wink:
You already explain it, of course they must to be near to each other, not the same player but must be in a same team.

I've already done some of the spell, such as: mass heal, defense plus, condemn, and corkscrew. Some still on development.

Status
Not open for further replies.