• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your thoughts on these spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I'm working on some spells and i just want a reaction on some spells i was making.

This is for a swordsman hero.

1. Upperslash(name pending). My hero slices the target up into the air dealing an inital amount of damage (50-100-150-200). And the unit falls and takes more damage and is slowed (20-40-60-80 damage/5-10-15-20% slow for 3 seconds. BTW my hero goes up with the unit and falls with him aswell for a reason)

2. Aerial slash. Teleports above target unit and comes down slashing dealing fairly big damage (75-150-225-300)

Now these two work perfectly If he cast upperslash, then he slices the unit up and at the top, he has a 1 second time-frame top use his Aerial slash attack with will deal the 300 damage, but also slice the unit thw whoel way down and when it falls, it will take another 35-55-77-95 damage.

3. Drill Assault. Hero spins like a drill through his units, dealing big damage in his path (deals 300-400-500-600) which affects all the units hit and this moves him up 500-600 in the process. The trick is if he hits an obstacle, he'll bounce backward towards a random enemy unit the rest of the distance, dealing double the initial damage and if he amanges to hit another one...well you get the idea. This is ment if you're angled right to deal big big damage to your enemy.

4. tetra elemental (passive)

Grants the hero archer to have a random 1 of 4 status buffs added to her attack each time she attacks. The four elements are poison, frost flame and void. each give a little boost to her attack and this is considered as an ultimate. Now her attack only has 1 effect at a time. still, this is meant to stack so she could literally stack all four effects on her enemy at once (well only 2 make buffs, void splits her arrows to hit multiple units and fire burns up a lot of mana and kills summoned units)

This could be better, but lag a lot more.

5. Freezing Ring:

Very simple ultimate activatable which creates multiple frost explosions in a circular motion around the hero. These ezplosions deal relatively little but it adds up really quickly and also slow the target to help chase it down. As an added bonus, the begining deals a big amount of dmaage in a small area will the circle grows so it deals quite a lot and can be used in mid battle to easily finish an opponent.

6. Hammer spin: Hero spins her hammer and rises up, taking units with her, dealing 150 intial damage and then comes down and the other units follow her, taking another 125 damge when they hit the ground. This also stuns them for a short duration and i rigged it to play their death animations as a bonus cosmetic effect.

I have more but what do you guys think of these spells?

PS: sorry about the spelling, i was rush-typing.

Level 2
Wow. Congratulations for doing those. :D Ideas are sooo good. I especially like the tetra elemental - VERY good idea. But how big is that lag?

Level 10
The lag for the tetra elemental is unoticable, it's pretty mucb zip. Like all of the others. the tetra elemental was simply a cycling through 4 passive abilities. I could get it to have more abilities but i'd have to find a way that didn't lag to check for buffs.

Level 9

the drill move sounds a bit overpowered for doing 600 damage, it should do a bit less because if he gets in an enclosed area, he could do about 6000 damage. The other 2 sound fine, the aura sounds like a great idea, and the ice sounds cool, goodluck on ur spells :).

Status
Not open for further replies.