• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone, I'm working on a RPG map and I have some problems with one system: The Item Sets. Oh I don't know how to give aditional stats to the carrier hero when has the complet set and how to remove these stats when drops a part. This is an example (like WoW):

Hammer of Retribution

+10 Strength
+15 Damage

The Holy Vestments [5]
Hammer of Retribution
Armor of Retribution
Helm of Retribution
Boots of Retribution
Pants of Retribution

(2) parts bonuses: +5 Strength
(4) parts bonuses: +8 Agility

Well like that, I REPEAT: If you can give a map with the system or you can put screenshots down this post will be a nice help. I hope someone here can help me to learn about this system. :thumbs_up:

Level 4
just create a trigger that will tell the system that if you have boots, armor, pants it will give a bonus,...

Level 12
test map attached... it's pretty complicated, but i hope you could learn from it ^^

• THV Pick
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PartCount = 0
      • For each (Integer loopInt) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot loopInt)) Equal to Armor of Retribution
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot loopInt)) Equal to Boots of Retribution
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot loopInt)) Equal to Hammer of Retribution
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot loopInt)) Equal to Helm of Retribution
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot loopInt)) Equal to Pants of Retribution
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PartCount = (PartCount + 1)
                • If - Conditions
                  • PartCount Greater than or equal to 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add 2 Parts of The Holy Vestments to (Triggering unit)
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • PartCount Greater than or equal to 4
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Add 4 Parts of The Holy Vestments to (Triggering unit)
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
  • THV Drop Start Timer
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Loses an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Countdown Timer - Start tempTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.00 seconds
  • THV Drop Stop Timer
    • Events
      • Time - tempTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PartCount = 0
      • For each (Integer loopInt) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by tempUnit in slot loopInt)) Equal to Armor of Retribution
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by tempUnit in slot loopInt)) Equal to Boots of Retribution
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by tempUnit in slot loopInt)) Equal to Hammer of Retribution
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by tempUnit in slot loopInt)) Equal to Helm of Retribution
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by tempUnit in slot loopInt)) Equal to Pants of Retribution
            • Then - Actions
              • Set PartCount = (PartCount + 1)
                • If - Conditions
                  • PartCount Less than 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Remove 2 Parts of The Holy Vestments from tempUnit
                • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • PartCount Less than 4
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Remove 4 Parts of The Holy Vestments from tempUnit
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions

Attachments

• Part system.w3x
    18.2 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.