• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was wondering if a jass script where a certain unit(unit x) follows another certain unit(unit y) and unit y is able to command unit x to attack, defend and what not then when unit x is done with his attack he automaticly begins to follow unit y if this jass has not been made i will go to request forum.

Level 11
Ok, you guys have the impression that JASS codes are EXTREMLY SUPERIOR to GUI. Well, they are not. JASS = GUI in the form of a programming code, and of course, with a series of bonuses. But all the essential functions appear for both GUI and JASS.

And that following stuff is just ordering an unit to patrol on another unit. In this way, the unit mimics everything the other unit does, except spellcasting.

~Daelin

Level 12
When you are GUI user you get that impression since all JASS spells found are so complex and cool. Before I learned JASS I though you could make ANYTHING in JASS. But now I have reasliced that it is not that way. What there is no native function to something, then you can't do it. (but Vexorian seems be able to push the limits with his spells and systems).

Level 7
ahh thnx a bunch Daelin you really helped me out there, but i still wish their could be some way i could make somethingg that ordered a unit to cast a spell anyways ill mess around with it and see what i come up with thanks a bunch now i nderstand just a little more about JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.