• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need Help with triggers (just a spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey guys! I need some help, i want one spell, looks something like sniper's ulti.

Heavy Mortar: Loads a heavy mortar in the cannon, then shoots at an enemy, dealing damage and stunning the target.
Level 1: 3 second loading, 300 damage and 3 second stun.
Level 2: 4 second loading, 400 damage and 4 second stun.
Level 3: 5 second loading, 500 damage and 5 second stun.

This spell is made from storm bolt, i just set the casting time to needed one.
The casting range is 2000 and i need that while you "load the cannon" to see the enemy (like sniper does), i used a dummy with fearie fire, 0 armor penalty, but 3 levels, lasts 3/4/5 seconds.

The thing i need is the trigger to create the dummy AT the begining of the casting, i mean when the order is issued or something. BECAUSE
  • Unit - Unit begins casting an ability
DOESN"T WORK!!! Help will be apresciated and +rep will be given.

Tiche3:grin:

Level 11
I'll make that asap ;) Wait a bit

EDIT: Well, the only one mistake you did is that you should use:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
Otherwise, everything will be fine :) So, you can not copy my spell, but just fix yours. Anway, I'm attaching the map with an example.

Attachments

• [Tiche3]HeavyMortar.w3x
    25.7 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.