• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to make an aura that damages undead units.
I'v tried with a reversed unholy aura, but it doesn't work.
1) It does not only target undead units; how do I do?
2) It won't damage anyone; how do I do that?

Level 6
You need to create a trigger that every X seconds pick every units within X range of the Hero that has the aura matching the unit is Undead equal to true and then cause the Hero to damage the picked unit.

To make a unit Undead or not you just need to check the Stats - Unit Classification in the object editor.

Level 6
You do not need triggers for this.

Base your spell on Permenate Inmorlation, change all the text and graphics to suit your aura, change the range to about 800, or whatever the aura range defalt is, and change the targets to what they are by defalt+undead.

Simple, no?

Level 7
Ekoi said:
You do not need triggers for this.

Base your spell on Permenate Inmorlation, change all the text and graphics to suit your aura, change the range to about 800, or whatever the aura range defalt is, and change the targets to what they are by defalt+undead.

Simple, no?

Just remember that Permanent Immolation can NOT be leveled up, and that you therefore can't have hero abilities based on that method.

Level 7
Well, in fact it's all a dirty lie.

Perma Immo works like normal immo.

Normal immo can be leveled up, but the damage will only change when you turn it off and on again, it is the same with da perma one, just that it can't be turned off/on, and therefore always will deal the level one damage.

It can, however, be leveled up, it just doesn't change the damage.

Level 3
Make 3 different instances of Permanent Immolation and remove and add ability each time it detects the player learning that ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.