• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help with spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im making a spell that can only be cast on units with the 'Tauren' Unit Classification. The problem is i dont exactly know how to go about doing it.

If anyone can help with this, i would greatly appreciate it.

Level 4
Hello, there is two ways in doing this:

First off Ill show the trigger I've made in order to cast blood lust only onto a certain Tauren unit. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done in the "targets allowed" for every spell that their is in the editor to target tauren units specifically, unless you wanted to change the mechanical statement to "Tauren" which can be done in game interface and most of the spells in the warcraft editor do have an only mechanical target allowed.

This is the trigger I made

TaurenOnly.jpg

You must use the Or - Any (Conditions) are true

Cause this way you can keep adding the specific tauren units you've made into it.

and for the other condition its

Unit-Type Comparison
This is the specific tauren unit checker for the spell if the caster is not targeting this specific unit it will stop.

For the action its

Unit - Issue Order with No Target

This will make the caster stop casting on a non specific tauren unit.

Turning the mechanical statement into "Tauren" can be found in game interface
Helpyo.jpg

This is a good option if you're not using the mechanical classifcation in your map

If you got any questions please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.