• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with two spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm new to spellmaking and need help with the two following spells:

1. For each unit the hero kills he recives a permenent +2 damage with a cap at 10/20/30. And change the description of the spell so you can see how much of your bonus damage that comes from this skill(the part I'm having problem with). ex: if you have killed two units it will say "bonus damgage 4" or something. :D

2. A "special" arrow like Searing Arrows that adds a bonus damage equal to X% of the target's current life and not a permanent damage bonus (should be auto cast on it too :D).

If someone could help me make them or maybe just give me a hint it would be greatly appreciated. :p

Level 4
ok i'll try and help

1. To make this one your gonna need to use a trigger and 2 spell( one dummy)
lets called the spell, BONUS
For the dummy spell, create on using the endurance aura
For the BONUS spell , create is off (item damage bonus)

Now set the BONUS spell to have 15 level and set each level for the bonus damage.
eg level 1 damage bonus= 1 unit killed.(+2 damage)
level 2 damage bonus= 2 unit ..... (+4 damage)
Also make the ability an hero ability instead of an item

After you done this it's time for the trigger

Event
A unit is killed
Condition
Unit type of killing unit = BONUS
Action
if level of(dummy) = 1
Give new ability( the spell one

If level of (BONUS)*2 < level of (dummy)*10
Set level of (BONUS) = level of current BONUS level +1

Here what happened when you manage to get everything together. When your heros attacks and killed a unit (A unit dies) he get +2 damage ( the BONUS spell is given to that hero if the dummy unit was chosen). After killing the first he kills another unit (another +2, the BONUS spell levels up and you get plus 4) etc.

ok now for 2
This one just uses a dummy and a trigger
For dummy, create it off an autocast one like searing arrow.

Trigger
Event
A unit cast an ability
Condition
The ability = The dummy spell
Action
Targeted unit life = Curent life - Currrent hero percent life

But these are the thinking behind these spell. good luck.
k i edited to try and explain it more

Level 1
Thanks for the help, but I realy don't get how to do the first one anyway :roll:.
But I'm going to try and make it with your directions tomorrow and see if it works. :D

But the second sounds good, tryed it without a dummy but it didn't work as planed.
Mabye a dummy will do the trick! :D

Level 1
Thank you so much PenKnight!! It works realy good now :D

Another question: This means that the only way to "change" the descriptions on skills is to make a new one with another description and then replace the old skill with it?

Level 4
errr the dummy spell contains the information about the spell.
The dummy spell will have 3 levels and you can write the tooltips in there.
The Bonus spell gives the hero the damage but arrcording to the caps of 10/20/30 depending on the dummy spell level.

This line here
If level of (BONUS)*2 < level of (dummy)*10
Set level of (BONUS) = level of current (BONUS) +1

Status
Not open for further replies.