• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with sniper spell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay I'm workinh on my map, and I want one of the heros (the sniper) to have an ability where it becomes invisible, but unable to move. Then when the unit attacks it will deal base + an extra amount of damage for that attack.

I've used windwalk as a dummy spell, but how can I make it so the unit cant move??

Level 3
I would make the dummy spell Shadow meld. I would detect when unit x was Melded and set a variable, then when I attack I would detect if the variable was the attacking unit, create a dummy unit and order it to damage y amount.

Problems: Not MUI, at all.

Level 3
WEll I guess you can use wind walk, but youd have to cause a dispel just on the unit if it tryed to move.

Level 3
IMO use a dummy unit to cast invisiblity on you when you cast windwalk, put the casting time on windwalk to the duration of the spell. so that you will be invisible the whole duration untily ou attack. not sure about the added damage though.

Level 3
Cantouchthis said:
IMO use a dummy unit to cast invisiblity on you when you cast windwalk, put the casting time on windwalk to the duration of the spell. so that you will be invisible the whole duration untily ou attack. not sure about the added damage though.

What?
that doesn't make any sense
you still can move, and windwalk would give you the added damage...

Level 3
you cant move if your casting windwalk...put a casting time on windwalk of the duration of the spell. Putting a casting time makes you not able to move and when you attack it cancels.

Level 2
putting a casting time means you are still VISIBLE but you cant move...
Base the spell off of metamorphasis

make alternate form invisible (Draenei I believe) with bonus damage and no movement type or speed. Just make sure you base the unit off of a nightelf hero becuase you can get errors with human/ud/orc units casting metamporphasis occasionally (Might just be me i dunno)

Status
Not open for further replies.