• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assassinate spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys i have made an assassinate spell like dwarven sniper's ultimate spell on dotA, but it doesn't hit invisible units can u tell me why i will post my triggers and my test map. You just tell me what can i do for that?!

E:A unit starts the effects of an ability
A unit begins casting an ability
A unit begins channeling an ability
C:Ability being cast equal to Assassinate
A:Set Sniper_Caster = Casting unit
Set Sniper_Target = Targeted unit of ability being cast
Unit - Create 1 Sniper Dummy at position of Sniper Target
Set Sniper_Dummy = Last created unit
Unit - Add Assassinate Buff to Sniper_Dummy
Unit - Order Sniper_Dummy to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb Sniper_Target
If: (Sniper_Target has buff Sniped) equal to true
Then: Unit - Grant Shared vision of Sniper_Target to owner of Sniper_Caster
Else: Do nothing
Not in else: Wait 1 second
Unit - Remove Sniper_Dummy from the game

Attachments

• L L CooL I's Spell Pack.w3x
    38.5 KB · Views: 180
Level 14
didnt dl your map but maybe your base spell for "assassinate" cant target invisible units?

And i guess you mean invincible not invisible?!

If you want to allow invincible targets, you could use the "channel"-ability and modify this one?

Level 7
The spell is like dwarven sniper's ultimate skill on dotA. Anyways here is what is does: The dwarven sniper fires a projectile after waiting 2 seconds(2 seconds casting time)... The sniper is based off Storm Bolt ability that is already explained and done... The projectile damages and all but it doesn't hit invisible units... Thats why we have to share vision via triggers so when I share vision between the caster and the targeted unit of ability being cast something is malfunctioning. So I just need u to figure out how to share the vision between the caster and the target. Please help +rep

Level 7
No, with shared vision you don't see the unit(anyway i don't want to see the unit) i just want the storm bolt to damage the targeted invisible unit. It works with shared vision just explain what to change in my triggers

Level 7
Assassinate is made from Storm Bolt. Now listen try to make a trigger and then try to shoot with the storm bolt ability at the attacked unit u'll see that the storm bolt damages the target. Try shooting the storm bolt on the that unit... U will see that it doesn't reveal it but damages it... Then try fixing my triggers. Heres the trigger u need to make:

E: A unit is attacked
C: Unit type of attacking unit equal to your unit
A: Grant shared vision of attacked unit to attacking unit

Level 6
Create a dummy with true-sight (very small effect radius), order the dummy to "patrol" to <target unit> (this is the "follow" command in-game), make sure that the dummy has a very high movement/turning speed & movetype fly with 0 collision radius, then remove the dummy after a second or two.

Or you could try using "Firebolt" instead of "Stormbolt", that can target an area (which you can make the size of 1 unit), and it stuns, allowing you to see invisible units.

Temporary vision of target unit, with very little triggering. :thumbs_up:

Level 7
LOL guys i don't like to see the unit.. I have tryed a unit is attacked so u would try to attack the invisible unit an then target it with the storm bolt... Please Check out my test map... P.S: i don't want true sight because it reveals the unit on dota it doesn't reveal it but still damages it.... So try to help me with shared vision plz

Level 7
Your not so polite m8 but have u not understanded what the spell does already?! My hero fires a projectile after waiting 2 seconds casting time(Storm Bolt ability based), but when it targetes a unit and that unit goes invisible the sniper still fires his projectile he, doesn't see that unit but the projectile from the storm bolt damages that unit... So that is done with shared vision now i have made a trigger but my unit doesn't enable shared vision thats why i need help

Level 6
Why don't you just make the "storm-bolt" cast for more than two seconds (say 2.1), then start a trigger when it starts channeling to cast, wait out the two seconds, if the unit (caster) is still channeling, then damage the target with triggers. That way you don't have to reveal anything, temporarily or not.

Level 4
hmm
thats not the topic but in your spell code i found an aspect thats says that you add a buff to a unit... so i never saw somthing like that where did you find this?

Level 7
Do u mean Assassinate Buff... Oh thats my other spell its not a buff that is a spell that my dummy casts on the targeted unit of ability is being cast.... And onix_noob if you make it with fearie fire the unit will be seen by the whole team. On dotA is done with shared vision....

Status
Not open for further replies.