• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
As much as i try to understand the quest tutorials, i can never seem to fully understand them. Specificly, i need help understanding how to actually set quest objectives.

The quest involves killing 8 quillboars. Can someone walk me through the process?

Level 10
You basically just write into the quest that you need to kill 8 quillboars. Then you create a trigger that counts how many quillboars are killed and once 8 have been killed you simply use this:

• Update Quillboar Quest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Quillboar
    • Actions
      • Set killcount_quillboars = (killcount_quillboars + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • killcount_quillboars Equal to 8
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Mark (Last created quest requirement) as Completed
          • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Completed
        • Else - Actions
          • Quest - Change the description of (Last created quest requirement) to (Kill 8 Quillboars: + ((String(killcount_quillboars)) + /8))
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: (Quillboar Hunt: + ((String(killcount_quillboars)) + /8))

Level 4
Thanks for clearing that up, Hoernchen.

+rep

EDIT:

I can't figure out how to do the Condition (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Quillboar, specificly the Equal to Quillboar part.

You know what? I have no idea how to do anything below the 'Unit Dies' trigger.

Last edited:
Level 16
Seas =)

Ahh ok I get your edit now and i will try to help.

Lets create a variable
- Name: killcount_quillboar
- Type : Integer
- Array : 9

Ok now the trigger:

Event is clear.

Condition: Conditions > Unit-Type Comparison = (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman > klick on Footman > search your Quillboar > klick it > and press ok

Actions: Set Variable > klick: Variable > pick your variable and press ok > klick Value > Mark in this window: Function Arithmetic > klick Value > in this window klick: Variable and choose your killcount_quillboars variable > and press ok

Next Action: If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions) > press ok and now your trigger got:

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
Then - Actions
Else - Actions

In the IF - CONDITIONS > Integer Comparison > first you change the 1 into a 8 and press ok > klick "(Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area)))" > and change it to your variable and klick ok

THEN - ACTIONS: > Quest > Mark Quest Requirement As Complete > press ok
Next THEN - ACTION: > Quest > Mark Quest As Complete > press ok

ELSE - ACTIONS: > Quest > Change Quest Description > klick "Description" > In the new window: Click String 1 > in the new Window klick again string 1 > at the bottom there is Value: Klick this and write in the line: "Kill 8 Quillboars: " > press ok > now klick the string 2 > new window mark Function > (search) conversion - Convert integer to string > klick the blue marked part and change it in your variable > press ok and ok again > and then we have other string 2 again > klick it and write " /8" > and press ok

Next Else Actions: > Quest > Quest Massage > klick "Massage" > klick string 1 > klick again String 1 > klick Value and type in the line: "Quillboar Hunt: " > press ok > then klick String 2 > mark function > Conversation - Convert integer to real > klick blue marked line > and change it to your variable > press ok and you come to the String 2 > klick it > mark value > and write " /8"

Here you got something - if you rly dont understand the part after the Event ;)
(Everthing you need to TYPE - dont type the " )

Have fun

Last edited:
Level 4
That might work...

The way i've made my quests is you run over a region. If you run over this region more than once it makes multiple quests of the same quest. thats what i want to stop.

Level 7
  • Actions
  • Trigger - Turn off this trigger
Put this in the end of the trigger to turn the quest gaining of.

Status
Not open for further replies.