• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help with Player properties, forces and teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey, I am making a campaign, but it's been a while since I made maps and stuff, so I'm learning the basics again.

In this map, there is me, and 2 other "teams".
I want those teams to show their team instead of the name of the unit and level 3. I.E:
Instead of showing footman level 2 when you're holding the cursor over the unit, it would show Human Alliance.
How do I do that?
Is it possible to do this with neutral passive and neutral hostile units?
How do I do this?
-Thanks.

Level 5
Go under Player Properties, and where it says "Player 3," "Player 4," etc, change the player names to the name of what you want displayed. That won't work for human players, though... I think.

Level 4
Go under Player Properties, and where it says "Player 3," "Player 4," etc, change the player names to the name of what you want displayed. That won't work for human players, though... I think.

This didn't work btw, so I have to use a trigger.
What's neutral victim and extra by the way?

EDIT: The trigger for setting all neutral passive and hostile to something didn't work, their names still show, I.E troll warlord level 6, instead of Human Alliance.

Level 4
If I want a player/team to be neutral, but at the same time have team names using the "set name" trigger, what do I have to do then?

Level 4
I don't understand what your asking explain a bit more clearly please.

I want to have a text showing, in example, Human Alliance when my cursor is over units that belong to player 2. I can't use the trigger for doing this on neutral passive units, so instead I have to use them on player 2. But, by default, player 2 isn't neutral. How do I make player 2 a neutral player?

Level 4
look at the campaign, when you move your cursor over an enemy/friendly unit, it lists their faction, i.e. kul tiras marines, Illidan's Naga. i doesnt work for neutral hostile i think, only works with computer controlled players.

It doesn't work for neutral passive either, that's why I can't do that, Lord_JiangWei. I want a computer/player (I.E player 2 (Blue)) to act the same way as neutral passive units do.
If I place around lots of player 2 (blue) units around the map they are hostile. I don't want them to be hostile, I don't want them to be allied, I just want them to stay passive, the same way as neutral passive units act.

Level 4
I managed to find it out by myself since nobody replied for some time, but thanks anyway Alkonis. :wink:

Instead of making another thread, perhaps I could solve my next issue here:
In Map Preferences I set the sky to Lordaeron Summer, yet the Lordaeron Summer sky doesn't show when I play the map. Why? Instead of the sky, it's just black.

Edit: Same issue for "Time of Day"

Status
Not open for further replies.