• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with painting tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi

I am using Newgen5d editor and i have following issues with the map:

Tiles: custom tiles for some reason keeps changing, when I paint terrain as snow, and then I replace tiles for sand to make other areas, the snow turns into sand. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I know that its possible to have all different tiles on the map.

Basically what I am doing is I am painting point A with snow, and point B with grass, and point C with tall grass. Then I want to paint point D with sand, when I replace tiles in editor for sand to be able to paint point D, suddenly point A turning itself into sand. What I am doing wrong?

I am doing map with 12 different grounds, snow, sand, grass, tall grass, outland ground, cityscape tiles and others.

Level 25
Afaik you cannot have all different tiles on map. You can change them, but there's a maximum number you can get even if you change it via triggers.

Also, obviously if you replace tiles from snow to sand, all areas that had snow will turn to sand.

Level 2
Afaik you cannot have all different tiles on map. You can change them, but there's a maximum number you can get even if you change it via triggers.

Also, obviously if you replace tiles from snow to sand, all areas that had snow will turn to sand.

I don't think you are correct. I saw maps I believe it was Hero Survival where there was 9 different tiles or more. Snow, sand etc.

Also I am sure that element td also had 9 of them.

EDIT: I can confirm that, Element TD got lots of different tiles.

Level 25
I am correct. I wrote that there's maximum number of tiles you can use in your map no matter how you try to go around to change that limit. I never wrote that 9 tiles used in the maps like hero survival are above the limit.

The tileset editor gives you up to 12 slots for various tiles. I don't really know the logic behind allowing some tiles and some not, though, or why some take 2 slots while other take only 1.
However I think you can increase that limit via triggers up to 15 or 16 tiles (I believe someone wrote that tiles are coded as four bites, thus it would make sense for the limit to be 16 tiles).

Anyway, which tile do you replace with the sand tile?

If you use a particular tile in your map, you have to keep it in your "tileset" in order for it to appear. If you replace it, then all those tiles will be replaced with the new tile.

With JassNewGenPack, it is possible to have up to 16 tiles in your tileset. Simply go to Extensions -> Edit Tileset. Click tiles to add them (up to 16). When you are done, press Ok. It will save for you, just go to File -> Close Map, and then reopen it. That will make sure that the tiles are properly loaded. Otherwise, you'll overwrite what the tileset editor did, and you'll have to add them again.

Level 2
If you use a particular tile in your map, you have to keep it in your "tileset" in order for it to appear. If you replace it, then all those tiles will be replaced with the new tile.

With JassNewGenPack, it is possible to have up to 16 tiles in your tileset. Simply go to Extensions -> Edit Tileset. Click tiles to add them (up to 16). When you are done, press Ok. It will save for you, just go to File -> Close Map, and then reopen it. That will make sure that the tiles are properly loaded. Otherwise, you'll overwrite what the tileset editor did, and you'll have to add them again.

I did as u said, I added them, closed map reopen and they not displayed in the palette for some reason :(

Status
Not open for further replies.