• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with non targetting aoe spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
How can i create a non-targetting spell which deals area damage?
Like nevermore in Dota and breath of fire?
What I am trying to achieve is an area of damage INFRONT of the unit's facing position.
Ive tried doing this with triggers using damage in area using
Position of the hero
and using the angle offset polarity with hero's facing angle
It works but it seems to be kind of bugy

___
|x|
|x|
|x|
@
@ = unit
x = Area of damage

Help much appreciated

Level 12
Post your trigger.
The buggy part comes from your triggering not triggers as a whole.

i think he means the spell like taunt(as a base spell) than it makes a dummy at offset(no targeted points/units) using facing angles.... and its buggy/laggy because you probably dont use variables for points. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35124 read about leaks here.

Edit:
There just came an idea to my mind... try to use summon spells (summon bear) then you can change an aoe or something and than it creates a bear like 500range from caster.
so my idea is that it summons a dummy for 0.01second, and dummy have damage upon death ability. This should work as a spell from dota from nevermore.(so i thing, i'm not sure :S)

Level 1
Im not sure how to post my trigger
But basically im trying to create a cleave effect at melee range towards the facing angle except its with spell.
Its also a Non targeting spell ,o press the hotkey there goes the spell
no need to target area like most active spells
and yes its kinda like taunt, but with a facing angle to cause damage instead of around the character which makes it difficult for me

Does anyone mind teaching me how to post triggers
and how do u make an aoe thats not a circle?

Level 12
Certainly not.
Go to the trigger editor. Select your trigger.
In the right lower part of the screen(where the Trigger Functions part is), at the very top of your trigger, right click the line that is the name of your trigger and select copy as text.
Then come to THW go to "Go Advanced"(to post) click the trigger tag button(or just type ). Click between the tags (between ]and [ -
  • here
) and paste.

P.s. Yes the trigger tags are not shown

Level 29
Im not sure how to post my trigger
But basically im trying to create a cleave effect at melee range towards the facing angle except its with spell.
Its also a Non targeting spell ,o press the hotkey there goes the spell
no need to target area like most active spells
and yes its kinda like taunt, but with a facing angle to cause damage instead of around the character which makes it difficult for me

Does anyone mind teaching me how to post triggers
and how do u make an aoe thats not a circle?

Ok that explained it (do so in your FIRST post next time).

• Bla blo blu
    • Events
      • Something
    • Conditions
      • Something
    • Actions
      • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Facing = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of Point1 matching Your_Conditions and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Point2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Angle from Point1 to Point2) Less than or equal to (Facing + 90.00)
              • (Angle from Point1 to Point2) Greater than or equal to (Facing - 90.00)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point1)

Status
Not open for further replies.